The Top 100 Famous Quotes of All Time with Images 📸🖼️
Handpicked 100 quotes from history, with a blend of inspirational, motivational, funny, educational and thought provoking. Every single quote listed here is a Gem.
Top 100 Quotes Quotes
1. When you wish upon a star...
you're actually a few million years late.
The star is dead.
Just like your dreams.
2. Don't let anyone treat you like Upma.
3. Never let someone with a significance of a speed bump become a roadblock in your life.
4. Our life at present on the blessed soil of our country is a triumph over the pains of the past and the harshness of its conditions.
5. On land and in the sea, our fore-fathers lived and survived in this environment. They were able to do so because they recognized the need to conserve it, to take from it only what they needed to live, and to preserve it for succeeding generations.
6. Islam desists violence practiced by terrorists who kill their brethren and commit all despicable actions under the shelter of religion. Islam dissociates itself strictly from these people and their actions.
7. Sheikh Zayed Al Nahyan was told that 85% of the workforce in the UAE is made up of expatriate workers, he said:
The livelihood is from God, the money is God's, the land is God's, the grace is God's, we are all God's creation, and he who has trusted God will never be failed, and those who come to us are welcome
8. The man who is most aggressive in teaching tolerance is the most intolerant of all: he wants a world full of people too timid and ashamed to really disagree with anything.
9. All men are made one for another: either then teach them better or bear with them.
10. If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and that is all that it proves.
11. On the information sheet in a New York hotel, I recently read:
'Dear guest! To guarantee that you will fully enjoy your stay with us, this hotel is totally smoke-free. For any infringement of this regulation, you will be charged $200.'
The beauty of this formulation, taken literally, is that you are to be punished for refusing to fully enjoy your stay.
12. I think boredom is the beginning of every authentic act.
Boredom opens up the space, for new engagements. Without boredom, no creativity.
If you are not bored, you just stupidly enjoy the situation in which you are.
13. Beyond the fiction of reality, there is the reality of the fiction.
14. Because the horror of Communism, Stalinism, is not that bad people do bad things — they always do. It's that good people do horrible things thinking they are doing something great.
15. Humanity is OK, but 99% of people are boring idiots.
16. Words are never 'only words'; they matter because they define the contours of what we can do.
17. If you have reasons to love someone, you don’t love them.
18. When we are shown scenes of starving children in Africa, with a call for us to do something to help them, the underlying ideological message is something like: "Don't think, don't politicize, forget about the true causes of their poverty, just act, contribute money, so that you will not have to think!
19. Cinema is the ultimate pervert art. It doesn't give you what you desire - it tells you how to desire.
20. The liberal idea of tolerance is more and more a kind of intolerance. What it means is 'Leave me alone; don't harass me; I'm intolerant towards your over-proximity.
21. Don't get so tolerant that you tolerate intolerance.
22. Tolerance only for those who agree with you is no tolerance at all.
23. If man is to survive, he will have learned to take a delight in the essential differences between men and between cultures. He will learn that differences in ideas and attitudes are a delight, part of life's exciting variety, not something to fear.
24. Tolerance isn't about not having beliefs. It's about how your beliefs lead you to treat people who disagree with you.
25. In order to have faith in his own path, he does not need to prove that someone else's path is wrong.
26. Do not let your assumptions about a culture block your ability to perceive the individual, or you will fail.
27. The Press has the duty as well as the right to criticize. We welcome constructive criticism.
28. Our system of government is based on our religion and this is what our people want. Should they seek alternatives, we are ready to listen to them. We are all in the same boat, and they are both captain and crew.
29. It is my duty as the leader of the young people of this country to encourage them to work and to exert themselves in order to raise their own standards and to be of service to the country. The individual who is healthy and of a sound mind and body but who does not work commits a crime against himself and society.
30. The ruler, any ruler, is only there to serve his people and secure for them prosperity and progress. To achieve this, he should live among his people to feel their wishes and know their problems, and this cannot be achieved if he isolates himself from them
31. Every individual has to perform his duty. Man is mortal, but his work is not. Therefore, work is greater than wealth.
32. The real asset of any advanced nation is its people, especially the educated ones, and the prosperity and success of the people are measured by the standard of their education.
33. The Ruler should not have any barrier which separates him from his people.
34. The success of the greater Arab nation in making itself known to the world and in supporting our solidarity does not depend on the Arab nation alone. Our solidarity also requires that the entire Islamic community works for the good of the Arab nation as the Arab nation works for the good of the Islamic community.
35. Arab oil can never be dearer than Arab blood.
36. There is no glory without the glory of the country and its citizens. We have to be proud of our forefathers, who were able to face the harshness of life with a strong will and dedication to shape a better collective future
37. Wealth is not in money. Wealth lies in men. This is where true power lies, the power we value. This is what has convinced us to direct all our resources to build the individual, and to use the wealth which God has provided us in the service of the nation.
38. We must not rely on oil alone as the main source of our national income. We have to diversify the sources of our revenue and construct economic projects that will ensure a free, stable and dignified life for the people.
39. Future generations will be living in a world that is very different from that to which we are accustomed. It is essential that we prepare ourselves and our children for that new world.
40. We are like those who had climbed a mountain and reached the top. When we looked down we still wanted to go higher to realize our goals. Despite all the achievements, we still have an ambition for more. That is my way of looking at things.
41. He who does not know his past cannot make the best of his present and future, for it is from the past that we learn
42. Thirty years ago, we had no buildings, and when we saw buildings in other countries we used to envy them and wonder how we could convince our people to be satisfied with what they had
Tags: Determination |
43. They used to say that agriculture has no future [in the UAE] but with God’s blessing and our determination, we have succeeded in transforming this desert into a green land.
44. Our experiment in federation, in the first instance, arose from a desire to increase the ties that bind us, as well as from the conviction of everyone that they were a part of one family, and they must gather under one leadership.
45. Islam affords women their rightful status and encourages them to work in all sectors, as long as they are afforded appropriate respect.
46. The woman is half of the society; any country which pursues development should not leave her in poverty or illiteracy.
47. I encourage women to work in positions that maintain respect and dignity as mothers and makers of generations.
48. The endeavors undertaken by women in the Emirates are important and honorable endeavors that are worthy of esteem
49. Situations change from time to time. A friend may become an enemy and an enemy a friend. Life is inconsistent and ever changing. So are health and weather. We must, therefore, be prepared for the unexpected changes coming our way.
50. I am not imposing change on anyone. That is tyranny. All of us have our opinions, and these opinions can change. Sometimes we put all opinions together and then extract from them a single point of view. This is our democracy.
51. To treat every person, no matter what his creed or race, as a special soul, is a mark of Islam.
52. It is the scholars’ duty to explain to people the essence and great message of Islam, which calls for tolerance, wisdom and fairness, so that people reject terrorism and killing in the name of religion.
53. Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice.
54. Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today
Tags: Tolerance | Arguments | Relationship | Self Learning | Demeaning | Teacher | Experiential Learning | Learning Curve | Learning | Disapproval | Walk In My Shoes | I Dont Know | Knowledge | Etiquette |
55. I think among the richest men in China, few have good endings.
- Jack Ma
56. Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population.
57. Dear Teacher, I would not be where I am in life right now, had it not been for your guidance and wisdom. I owe you all of success.
Thank you! And a Happy Teachers’ Day!
Tags: Teachers Day |
58. You have taught me many things in life, but the most important lesson I learnt is how to be a better person.
Happy Teachers’ Day!
Tags: Teachers Day |
59. Good teachers know how to bring out the best in students.
Tags: Teacher |
60. It's the teacher that makes the difference, not the classroom.
61. The influence of teachers extend beyond the classroom, well into the future.
62. It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.