Work Life Quotes
1. Powerpoints are the peacocks of the business world; all show, no meat.
2. Skills are cheap, passion is priceless.
3. To newly hired employees, brown-nosers make their bosses look better, but to coworkers, the brown-noser is often perceived rather negatively
4. Michael always says, 'K-I-S-S, keep it simple, stupid.' Great advice, hurts my feelings every time.
5. anyway, the money was great, but the corporate world just wasn't to my liking. i guess i'm not a team player--or an ass-kisser.
6. It’s easy to dream about it … Much harder to execute it ….
7. A person who acts favorably to his or her peers to gain stasis or fancy that will eventually be used to their advantage. Such as a raise, promotion, or acceptance in a group. Usually brown nosers will do anything to gain the approval of their person of choice.
8. If the brown-noser is bringing the team’s morale down, try offering praise and agreement to the brown noser, as it may decrease their need for constant approval from the boss and give them reassurances that they are a necessary part of the team.
9. If we can write down your Job, we can find someone cheaper to do it. In fact, the thing we might find to do it might not even be a person.
10. Someone who greases up to the boss and acts like he is the bosses best friend in order to get a promotion.
11. A bully can be an aggressive juvenile, an intimidating boss or colleague, a controlling romantic partner, an unruly neighbor, a high-pressure sales/business representative, a condescending family member, a shaming social acquaintance, or those in a variety of other types of abusive relationships.
12. While many people think bullying only happen amongst children, it can also happen in the workplace or with relatives.
13. Nobody should have to go to work thinking, ‘Oh this is the place that I might die today.’ That’s what a hospital is for.
An office is for not dying. An office is a place to live life to the fullest. To the max.
To…an office is a place where dreams come true.
14. You can’t have a million-dollar dream with a minimum-wage work ethic.
15. Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.
16. Brown-nosers often suck up because they feel insecure or incompetent in their position.
17. it's a beautiful thing when career and passion come together
18. Physical bullying is the use of physical intimidation, threat, harassment or harm.Examples of physical bullying include physical attack, simulated violence (such as raising a fist as if to strike, or throwing objects near a person), extortion, date rape, marital rape, domestic violence, sexual harassment at work, personal space violation, physical space entrapment, physical size domination, and numerical domination (ganging up on a victim).
19. If they are working in an environment where excellence is expected, then they will do excellent work without anything but self-motivation.
I’m talking about an environment in which excellence is noticed and respected and is in the culture.
If you have that, you don’t have to tell people to do excellent work.
They understand it from their surroundings.
20. Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. That is against their interests. They want obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept it.
Tags: Government | Education | Thinking | Interest | Rules | Planning | Strategy | Political | Quotes that make you think | Work Life | Demotivational Work | Smart | Dumbness | Stupid People | Citizen | Accept |
21. Depending on the brown-noser’s behavior, they may have quite a negative impact on their relationships with their coworkers, their boss, and the company as a whole. If the brown-noser sucks up by putting others down, team and company morale will suffer as a result. In general, coworkers can become frustrated and unproductive.
22. Everything I have I owe to this job…this stupid, wonderful, boring, amazing job.
23. I wake up every morning in a bed that’s too small, drive my daughter to a school that’s too expensive, and then I go to work to a job for which I get paid too little.
But on pretzel day?
Well, I like pretzel day.
24. You are paid in direct proportion to the difficulty of the problems you solve.