Word Meaning Quotes
1. Meaning of Halal
denoting or relating to meat prepared as prescribed by Muslim law.
2. Nafs defines the attributes of Body and Spirit (Rooh).
3. Types of Nafs (Soul)
1- Nafs Al Ammara - The inciting self commanding and luring us to do evil, making one a slave of their desires, passion and lust. The most lower and beastly self.
2- Nafs al Lawamma - The self-aware and self-accusing self. Nafs doing wrong but says "I shouldn't be doing this". The repentful, remorseful self.
3-Nafs al Mutma'inna - The self at peace. In complete submission of its being to God, with no more conflict; doing the right things by nature, not by compulsion. Happy with the will of God.
Tags: Nafs | Word Meaning | Soul Searching | Soul | Evil | Inciting | Luring | Lust | Materialistic | Beast | Animals | Repent | Remorse | Peace | Submission | Free Will | Nature | Compulsion | Happiness | Meaning Of Life | Purpose of Life | Life Is A Test | Will | Tranquility | Doing The Right Thing | Human Nature |
4. Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less.
a competitor thought to have little chance of winning a fight or contest
"we go in this game as underdogs"
a person who has little status in society
"what is it like to be an underdog in America?"
6. Underdog definition by Urbandictionary
Someone who is hardly noticed. Kind of the opposite of popular or the best, but not exactly the worst.
Paris: Who are you rooting for, sexy?
Holden: I'm rooting for the underdog because I can relate to them.
7. "Do you know what is backbiting?"
They (the Companions) said: "Allah and His Messenger know best."Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Backbiting implies your talking about your brother in a manner which he does not like. It was said to him: "What is your opinion about this that if I actually find (that failing) in my brother which I made a mention of?" He said: "If (that failing) is actually found (in him) what you assert, you in fact backbited him, and if that is not in him it is a slander."
[Sahih Muslim 2589]
8. To endure what is unendurable is endurance
9. Someone tells a demeaning joke, and you feel your skin crawl. Someone speeds through a stoplight, nearly missing a child, and you get angry. That’s a sign that a boundary has been crossed for you. Something important to you has been threatened, disregarded, or mocked.
By definition, a boundary is anything that marks a limit. Psychological limits define personal dignity. When we say, “You just crossed a line,” we are speaking about a psychological limit that marks the distinction between behavior that does not cause emotional harm and behavior that causes emotional harm.
11. Anchoring: A number given first by one of the two parties during negotiation. Anchoring is a form of "heuristic" (mental shortcut).
Anchor above where you expect the client to spend.
12. Mom Guilt: a pervasive feeling of not doing enough as a parent, not doing things right, or making decisions that may “mess up” your kids in the long run.
13. Funny definition of Mom Guilt: When you find what you were looking for an hour after accusing your kids of losing it.
14. Vegetarian is an old Indian word for "Bad Hunter".
15. A balanced diet is a cookie ... in each hand.
16. What is feminism? Simply the belief that women should be as free as men, however nuts, dim, deluded, badly dressed, fat, receding, lazy and smug they might be.
Are you a feminist?
Of course you are.
17. Intimacy is not purely physical.
It's the act of connecting with someone so deeply, you feel like you can see into their soul.
18. Woman want a man who is in control, but not a man who is controlling.
There is a difference.
19. A person who acts favorably to his or her peers to gain stasis or fancy that will eventually be used to their advantage. Such as a raise, promotion, or acceptance in a group. Usually brown nosers will do anything to gain the approval of their person of choice.
20. Someone who greases up to the boss and acts like he is the bosses best friend in order to get a promotion.
21. Curry Favor:
Gain support through Flattery!
22. Bullying: a form of aggressive behavior in which someone intentionally and repeatedly causes another person injury or discomfort. Bullying can take the form of physical contact, words, or more subtle actions.
Anorexia (an-o-REK-see-uh) nervosa — often simply called anorexia — is an eating disorder characterized by an abnormally low body weight, an intense fear of gaining weight and a distorted perception of weight. People with anorexia place a high value on controlling their weight and shape, using extreme efforts that tend to significantly interfere with their lives.
24. Lying is a defiance of the truth. Bullshitting is a wholesale dismissal of the truth.
25. Déjà vu is the feeling that one has lived through the present situation before. The phrase translates literally as "already seen".
A person who uses the website Reddit. Usually these people enjoy hating on popular things such as Fortnite, Tik Tok, Instagram and Emojis. They like to form circle jerks and worship things such as Minecraft, Pewdiepie, and Keanu Reeves. Redditors have a superiority complex, thinking Reddit is better then all over social media platforms, when it honestly isn’t. They find mediocre and poorly made memes very funny. Memes like “Wholeome 100” and X bad Y good are examples of the garbage they find funny.