1. The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
2. "The best of the Ansar families (homes) are the families (homes) of Banu An- Najjar, and then that of Banu `Abdul Ash-hal, and then that of Banu Al-Harith, and then that of Banu Saida; and there is good in all the families (homes) of the Ansar."
Sa`d bin 'Ubada followed us and said, "O Abu Usaid ! Don't you see that the Prophet (pbuh) compared the Ansar and made us the last of them in superiority?
Then Sa`d met the Prophet (SAW) and said, "O Allah's Messenger (SAW)! In comparing the Ansar's families (homes) as to the degree of superiority, you have made us the last of them." Allah's Messenger (SAW) replied,
"Isn't it sufficient that you are regarded amongst the best?"
[Sahih al-Bukhari 3791]
3. If you have much, give off your wealth; If you have little, give of your heart.
4. A virtuos woman is not moved by big names and flamboyance, but only men of profound wisdom and integrity move her.
5. Smart people always choose comfort over luxury
6. Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.
7. What you don’t see with your eyes, don’t witness with your mouth.
8. You must be the change you want to see in the World.
9. You can make or burn bread with fire.
10. I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
11. A sign of a lover of wisdom is his delight in not running his mouth about things he doesn't know.
12. Being at ease with not knowing is crucial for answers to come to you.
13. Knowledge is not necessarily wisdom.
14. Be wise enough to walk away from all the nonsense around you.
15. If you hang out with me for too long, I will brainwash you into believing in yourself and knowing you can achieve anything.
16. Next time you stumble upon a silent person, listen up!
17. “The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.”
As You Like It - Act 5, Scene 1
18. But from their errors and mistakes, the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.
19. Talent wins the game but teamwork and intelligence wins a championship.
20. You will be told your whole life that you need to learn to listen. I would say that you need to learn to be the last to speak. The skill to hold your opinions to yourself until everyone has spoken does two things: It gives everyone the feeling that they have been heard and contributed, and you get the benefit of hearing what everybody else has to think before you render your opinion.
Tags: Wise | Wisdom | Inspirational | Strategy | Communication | Healthy Communication | Patience | Impatience | Listening a Person | Question | Leadership | Public Speaking | Silence Speaks Louder Than Words | Speak | Your Opinion |
21. Popularity is a bubble. It's a mountain: you can go up really hard but walk down really fast.
22. I don't know a lot about a lot of things. But I do know this: everybody deserves to be loved.
23. Struggles not only make us into stronger, better and wiser people, they also let us learn more about ourselves and our purpose in life.
24. The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.
25. It is wiser to find out than to suppose.
26. Any fool can paint a picture, but it takes a wise man to be able to sell it.