1. The stupidity of people comes from having an answer to everything.
The wisdom of the novel comes from having a question for everything.
2. A virtuos woman is not moved by big names and flamboyance, but only men of profound wisdom and integrity move her.
3. A sign of a lover of wisdom is his delight in not running his mouth about things he doesn't know.
4. Knowledge is not necessarily wisdom.
5. Turning 40 is often a big symbolic point in one's life. In the 20s we feel we can do anything, but as the 30s progress we become more mature emotionally, and in terms of work tend to focus. These two things combined: emotional maturity and career focus, often produced an explosion of self-purpose in our 40s.
6. Lory Quotes:
I’m older than you, and must know better.
7. Everything’s got a moral, if only you can find it.
8. Knowledge is knowing that a Tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
9. Oh Lord!
Grant me the serenity to accept selfish ungrateful people for who they are, and the courage to not become bitter, and the wisdom not to let it ever happen again!
10. When I was young, I thought that I'd be a perfect adult at the age of 38. An adult who knows the right answers to everything & makes only the right decisions. Do u know what I realized though?
Even if my decision was right, it might not always lead to the best outcome.
11. But from their errors and mistakes, the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.
12. Talent wins the game but teamwork and intelligence wins a championship.
13. You will be told your whole life that you need to learn to listen. I would say that you need to learn to be the last to speak. The skill to hold your opinions to yourself until everyone has spoken does two things: It gives everyone the feeling that they have been heard and contributed, and you get the benefit of hearing what everybody else has to think before you render your opinion.
Tags: Wise | Wisdom | Inspirational | Strategy | Communication | Healthy Communication | Patience | Impatience | Listening a Person | Question | Leadership | Public Speaking | Silence Speaks Louder Than Words | Speak | Opinion |
14. If you agree with somebody, don't nod "yes".
If you disagree with somebody, don't nod "no".
Simply sit there, take it all in and the only thing you're allowed to do is ask questions so you can understand what they mean and why they have the opinion that they have, and from where they are speaking. And at the end, you will get your turn.
15. When a Tiger follows you, you can run much faster than you thought.
- Jack Ma
16. When I was young, I admired clever people.
Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
17. Kindness in words creates confidence
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness
Kindness in giving creates love
- Lao Tzu
18. In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
19. What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?
20. Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.
21. These are the few ways we can practice humility:
To speak as little as possible of one's self
To mind one's own business
Not to want to manage other people's affairs
To avoid curiosity
To accept contradictions and correction cheerfully
To pass over the mistakes of others
To accept insults and injuries
To accept being slighted, forgotten and disliked
To be kind and gentle even under provocation
Never to stand on one's dignity
To choose always the hardest
Tags: Humility | Silence Speaks Louder Than Words | Talking Too Much | Mind Your Own Business | Nosey | Unsolicited Advice | Opinion | Contradictory | Criticism | Good Vibes | Happiness | Life | Insulting | Forget | Dignity | Be Kind | Wisdom |
22. Ninety percent of all human wisdom is the ability to mind your own business.
23. I don't know how people get so anti-something. Just mind your own business, take care of your own affairs, and don't worry about other people so much.
24. Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
25. We need much less than we think we need.
26. Turn your wounds into wisdom.
27. The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.