1. Luxury is best experienced not when it's inherited but when it's earned.
2. "Whoever fights to protect his wealth and is killed, he is a martyr.
Whoever fights to protect himself, he is a martyr.
Whoever fights to protect his family is a martyr."
[Sunan an-Nasa'i 4094]
3. "Wealth does not mean having a lot of property. Wealth means having self-contentment."
[Al Adab Al Mufrad: Book 1, Hadith 17]
4. "Three follow the deceased, two of them return, and one remains.
He is followed by his family, his wealth, and his deeds.
So his family and his wealth returns, and his deeds remain."
[Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2379]
5. Having nothing to lose in the new wealth
6. "A woman is married for four qualities, for her wealth, her family status, her beauty and her religion: so get the religious one and prosper."
7. If you have much, give off your wealth; If you have little, give of your heart.