Vitamic C is Ascorbic Acid which is the most researched. All other Vitamin C ingredients are technically not Vitamic C. Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) is the most controversial skin care active ingredient.
Vitamin C Quotes
1. Vitamic C is Ascorbic Acid which is the most researched. All other Vitamin C ingredients are technically not Vitamic C.
How Vitamin C helps skin
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) is the most controversial skin care active ingredient.
It is known for its anti-oxidant benefits - protecting the skin during the day, brightening dark spots, preventing and decreasing aging of the skin.
Sensitive to light, turns dark brown. Make sure it is dark brown when you are using it, as it might not be that effective or will be sensitizing to the skin.
3. If you are applying 100% Ascorbic Acid as Vitamin C, then avoid using any other acid in the same routine.
4. Do not Combine Buffets with Retinol, Vitamin C (direct) and Peptides.
5. Niacinamide Myth: You can't mix it with Vitamin C.
People say they cancel each other out based on an old research paper from the 1960s, where they used unstable versions of pure vitamin C in very high temperature.
How to use Niacinamide?
You can find Vit B3 in every stage of your skin care routine. You can use it in combination with AHA/BHA, Hyaluronic Acid, Retinols, Vit C - it mixes well with everything.
It works best on leave on products like essences, serums or night creams.
Use it twice a day, in the morning you may use a product which contains some niacinamide, and at night you may use it in a concentrated form, like a serum.
7. Vitamin C is an anti-oxidant. It mops up the free radicals from your skin. Free radicals lead to hyperpigmentation.
Vit C also has Brightening effects which tend to start to reverse pigmentation.