1. Violence is good for those who have nothing to lose.
2. Violence against women and girls is a problem of pandemic proportions. At least one out of every three women around the world has been beaten, coerced into sex, or otherwise abused in her lifetime with the abuser usually someone known to her
3. The last capitalist we hang shall be the one who sold us the rope.
4. We need justice for George Floyd. We all witnessed his murder in broad daylight. We're broken and we're disgusted, we cannot normalise this pain. No more senseless killings of human beings. No more seeing people of colour as less than human. We can no longer look away.
5. Enough is enough! What will it take? A civil war? A new president? Violent riots? It’s tired. I’m tired. The country is tired! You don’t put fear in people when you do this, you just show how coward[ly] you are – and how America is really not the land of the free.
- Cardi B
6. Please, I can't breathe
7. Anger isn’t violent in and of itself. The power of anger can be respected, and voiced respectfully. You may have to wait until you’re not quite so mad and when your words can be calm.
8. Physical bullying is the use of physical intimidation, threat, harassment or harm.Examples of physical bullying include physical attack, simulated violence (such as raising a fist as if to strike, or throwing objects near a person), extortion, date rape, marital rape, domestic violence, sexual harassment at work, personal space violation, physical space entrapment, physical size domination, and numerical domination (ganging up on a victim).
9. I bought my blind friend a cheese grater for his birthday. A week later, he told me it was the most violent book he ever read.
10. Any form of corporal punishment or 'spanking' is a violent attack upon another human being's integrity. The effect remains with the victim forever and becomes an unforgiving part of his or her personality--a massive frustration resulting in a hostility which will seek expression in later life in violent acts towards others. The sooner we understand that love and gentleness are the only kinds of called-far behavior towards children, the better. The child, especially, learns to become the kind of human being that he or she has experienced. This should be fully understood by all caregivers.
11. In the short term, corporal punishment may produce obedience. But it is a fact documented by research that in the long term the results are inability to learn, violence and rage, bullying, cruelty, inability to feel another's pain, especially that of one's own children, even drug addiction and suicide, unless there are enlightened or at least helping witnesses on hand to prevent that development.
12. These violent delights have violent ends...
13. Violence is often the reflection of itself, and terrorism becomes the manifestation of anger in its victims.
14. Islam desists violence practiced by terrorists who kill their brethren and commit all despicable actions under the shelter of religion. Islam dissociates itself strictly from these people and their actions.
15. No one will ever know the violence it took to become this gentle.