Usury Riba Quotes
1. '(Exchanging) gold for silver is Riba unless it is done on the spot. (Exchanging) dates for dates is Riba unless it is done on the spot. (Exchanging) wheat for wheat is Riba unless it is done on the spot. (Exchanging) barley is Riba unless it is done on the spot."'
[Sunan an-Nasa'i 4558]
2. "Paying in advance for the offspring of the offspring of a pregnant animal (Habal al-Habalah) is Riba'
[Sunan an-Nasa'i 4622]
3. "The selling of wheat for wheat is Riba (usury) except if it is handed from hand to hand and equal in amount. Similarly the selling of barley for barley, is Riba except if it is from hand to hand and equal in amount, and dates for dates is usury except if it is from hand to hand and equal in amount."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 2170]
4. Narrated `Aisha:
When the verses of Surat "Al-Baqara"' about the usury Riba were revealed, the Prophet (pbuh) went to the mosque and recited them in front of the people and then banned the trade of alcohol.
[Sahih al-Bukhari 459]
5. "There will come a time when there will be no one left who does not consume Riba, and whoever does not consume it will nevertheless be affected by residue."
[Sunan an-Nasa'i 4455]
6. 'Dates for dates, wheat for wheat, barley for barley, salt for salt, exchanged hand to hand. Whoever gives more or takes more has engaged in Riba unless they are of different types."
[Sunan an-Nasa'i 4559]
7. The Prophet (pbuh) cursed the lady who practices tattooing and the one who gets herself tattooed, and one who eats (takes) Riba' (usury) and the one who gives it. And he prohibited taking the price of a dog, and the money earned by prostitution, and cursed the makers of pictures.
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5347]
8. "Neither a borrower nor a lender be; for loan oft loses both itself and friend."
Hamlet Act 1, Scene 3