1. I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.
2. I have never been drawn to luxury. I love the simple things; coffee shops, books, and people who try to understand.
3. If there is one thing I dislike, it is the man who tries to air his grievances when I wish to air mine.
4. I am learning to trust the journey even when I do not understand it.
5. When we meet someone and begin to discover who they are or what makes them tick, what disappoints them, what pleases them - they are giving you information about their limits - whether or not they call it that or not. Their Values. And you are doing the same thing.
6. Sometimes the boundaries need reinforcing from time to time. This may sound like a parent-child relationship - and it is that way. But we are not doing it in an authoritarian way, we are doing it in a friendly, supportive way. But we are also being assertive about our boundaries being understood and respected.
7. when a girl cries, it's not usually over one thing. It's built up anger and emotions that she's been holding for too long.
8. The more you know and respect yourself, the more impact you will have on people around you.
9. I got this real moron thing I do, it's called thinking. And I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions. I have certain rules I live by. My first rule, I don't believe anything the government tells me, and I don't take very seriously the media or the press in this country.
10. I’m simple to understand. Like quantum physics.
11. Look deep into nature, and you will understand everything better.
12. Just remember,
I was there when no one else was.
13. Only those who have suffered truly understand suffering.
14. We all need someone who listens to us.
15. When people say "for no reason", it's usually not because they have no reason behind it.
They either don't want to talk about it or don't understand their feelings.
16. If you agree with somebody, don't nod "yes".
If you disagree with somebody, don't nod "no".
Simply sit there, take it all in and the only thing you're allowed to do is ask questions so you can understand what they mean and why they have the opinion that they have, and from where they are speaking. And at the end, you will get your turn.
17. Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.
18. The ruler, any ruler, is only there to serve his people and secure for them prosperity and progress. To achieve this, he should live among his people to feel their wishes and know their problems, and this cannot be achieved if he isolates himself from them
19. Do not let your assumptions about a culture block your ability to perceive the individual, or you will fail.
20. As soon as we start putting our thoughts into words and sentences everything gets distorted, language is just no damn good—I use it because I have to, but I don’t put any trust in it. We never understand each other.
21. It is better to understand little than to misunderstand a lot.
22. A beautiful relationship does not depend on how well we understand someone. But it depends on how well we avoid the misunderstanding.
23. I am responsible for what I say to you, not for what you understand.
24. Most misunderstandings in the world could be avoided if people would simply take the time to ask, “What else could this mean?”
25. inside every ANGRY CHILD is an emotion they haven’t been able to comprehend, and inside every ANGRY ADULT is that child.