1. OCD (Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder)
-overwhelming need for order
-strongly follow rules & regulations
-extremely uncomfortable when things lack perfection
-might neglect personal relationships to focus on making some project perfect
2. "Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown"
Henry IV, Part II
Act 3, Scene 1
3. art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
4. A future catastrophic thought can make you feel uncomfortable in the body in the present moment.
On the contrary, you can experience a positive emotion from something good that’s already happened to you, again!
So why not multiply the good stuff in your brain.
5. When you are having a panic attack, one simple line that can get you through the panic attack when you are having it is…
“this is uncomfortable, but it is not dangerous”
6. We all have emotional baggage. When you just sit with yourself, all of that stuff will come up which is why when people begin meditating, sometimes some will find themselves crying or swamped with feelings.
With meditation, you allow the discomfort. You even welcome the emotions by saying “Here I am. What are you here to tell me”. And it begins to vanish.
7. If you run from discomfort, and only stay in your comfort zone, you will always be running.