1. One of the most spiritual things you can do is embrace your humanity.
Connect with those around you today. Say, "I love you", "I'm sorry", "I appreciate you", "I'm proud of you"...whatever you're feeling. Send random texts, write a cute note, embrace your truth and share it...cause a smile today for someone else...and give plenty of hugs.
2. Can you not appreciate that your spouse (especially our wives) they have sacrificed their families, they have sacrificed their surroundings, they have sacrificed their friends, they have sacrificed so much and come to you can you not smile at her and tell her "I love you"?
"I appreciate your sacrifice"
If we don't acknowledge their sacrifices, how is the home going to be happy and how is your wife going to be happy?
3. Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have.
4. How many times have I heard a couple argue about whether or not they're having enough sex. One will usually say I'm too exhausted. The other feels rejected. Both feel unappreciated and hurt.
5. If they lack gratitude, they should lack your attention.
Give your energy to those who appreciate you.
6. Your legs are tired and you still have to stay on your feet another hour at work. You love a child who's finding her independence through emotional distance from you. A long-term relationship could be losing its spark. It's finals week in college. You're trying to start a business and it's struggling. You've got a chronic health problem or a disability. Sometimes people don't appreciate your work. You're being discriminated against or otherwise treated unjustly. The body ages, sags, and grows weary.
Sometimes things are difficult.