1. People are so afraid of hearing "No" that they often don't even try.
You have nothing to lose by just asking!
A good friend of mine once told me,
"Harv, a closed mouth won't get fed."
Open your mouth!
Say something if negotiations aren't going the way you'd like.
2. It is not a good time for me to lose my job since I have some pretty big long-term plans in my personal life with Pam that I’d like her parents to be psyched about.
So, I am about to do something very bold in this job that I’ve never done before: try.
3. The doors will be opened to those bold enough to knock.
4. A winner is just a loser who tried it one more time
5. When I’m at the bottom looking up, the main question may not be ‘how do I get out of this hole?’ In reality, the main question might be ‘how do I get rid of the shovel that I used to dig it?
6. Heroism is endurance for one moment more.
7. Trust the still, small voice that says, “this might work and I’ll try it."
8. It’s not always easy to follow a new idea.
There is risk.
There is uncertainty.
Maybe it will fail… but maybe your new idea might succeed.
You’ll never know what could happen unless you commit to giving things a try.
9. You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.
10. People who self-harm don't want to die. They are not trying to kill themselves, in fact they are trying to live with the pain. People who self-harm have a very high risk of suicide so they need to seek immediate attention and help.
11. Whenever you realize that you have been left out, let your presence be known by leaving the conversation, instead of trying too hard.
12. You're damned if you're too thin and you're damned if you're too heavy. According to the press I've been both. It's impossible to satisfy everyone and I suggest we stop trying.
Tags: Thinspo | Tiny | Overweight | Body | BBW | Satisfaction | Validation | Gossip | Treating Badly | Rude | Shame | Guilt | Stop | Trying | Hard To Impress | Standards | Girl Power | Self Esteem | Society |
13. Sometimes you don't realize you're actually drowning when you're trying to be everyone else's anchor.
14. When you are exhausted from trying, try just one more time.
15. All gardeners live in beautiful places, because they make them so