1. Trauma does not have to occur by abuse alone.
2. Childhood trauma does not come in one single package
3. Personality Disorder is the inflexible and unhealthy patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving. It may be triggered by genetic or environmental influences, mainly childhood trauma. Treatment is therapy and medication.
4. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, these are just a few examples of the forces that can lead to a tornado of pain. So what I would like to say in this room of powerful woman and men today is let’s work together to beckon the world towards kindness
5. How To Safely Talk about Pain from Your Past
You have to remember that a therapist is trained to hear about trauma and knows how to respond. Your partner might not - they might get angry - not at you but for you. So you have to admit that you are very sensitive to their reaction and ask them to slow down and simply be with you in that moment.
6. The source of Mom guilt can come from past trauma. It can also come if you are parenting with OCD or mental health conditions. Or if you are trying a parenting strategy that you think your parents didn't do quiet well.
7. "Sorry, just seeing this now!"
-Me to my deep seeded childhood trauma