1. 1. Cleanse
Exfoliation comes before Toning and after Cleansing. No need to tone if you use a chemical exfoliator.
2. What is a Toner?
Toners is also called toning agents, astringent, beauty water. They penetrate very quickly into your skin giving instant hydration, removing dead skin cells, picking up the dirt your cleanser may have missed, picking up cleanser that water may have missed. They also restores your pH balance if you cleanser was not pH balanced. It gives you a plumper brighter looking skin.
3. Toners are usually found in teenage product lines like Clearasil and Clean & Clear. They are usually packed with alcohol which means they are very very harsh and strip away your oils and give you the tingling feeling on your skin. Toners have now been re-branded from being oil stripping alcohol packed astringents to moisturizing, plumping, resurfacing, re-balancing toners.
4. A toner should only be used after CLEANSING.
5. Why use a toner?
Toner penetrates and cleans up deeper so it can help the use of other products in your skin care routine, giving your serums, essences and moisturizers to really work deeper in your skin.
6. Think of toner as a prep for your pores. Your skin is like a dried-up sponge, and if you put a thick layer of cream on a brittle dry sponge, it won't accept it and is not prepped for moisture. If you wet that sponge, the cream is going to penetrate a lot more easily.
7. What toner is right for you?
Acne prone or Oily Skin - Green tea and Tree as it's healing without too drying. Look for toners with Salicylic Acid.
Sensitive Skin: Calming toners that are fragrance free, light, alcohol free.
Dry Skin: Toners with fatty acids & amino acids so they moisturize. Absolutely alcohol free toners.
Buy a toner which has no alcohol or it is lower in the ingredients list.
8. How to use a toner?
Soaking toner in a cotton pad and wipe away in outward motion.
Using hands to rub and pat it gently into your skin. Gives an instant boost of radiance, while injecting moisture instantly into your skin.
Misting spray. Good for use throughout the day for plumpness and moisture throughout the day.
9. DIY Make your own Toner
Boil Green tea.
Let it cool down.
Put it in your Spray Bottle.
10. DIY Make your own Toner
Mix tea tree oil with some warm water. Let it cool down and put it in your spray bottle.
11. How to apply moisturizer the right way?
After cleansing your skin, apply the toner on your face and leave it damp. Then you apply the moisturizer on the damp skin. This will help seal the hydrating benefits from the toner deep within the skin. And this also gives you a nice glow to your skin.
How to know if a skincare product is working?
How Long it Takes to See Results from Skin Care Products?
Cleansers - Immediately cleans
Texture, Complexion - 4 Weeks
Sunscreens - They work instantly
Toner/Essences for Hydration - Instantly
Moisturizer - Instant glow and plumpness, should last all day. Moisture Retention improvement in 4-6 weeks.
Serums for Hydrations = 3-5 Weeks
Serums for Skin Brightening and Hyperpigmentation = 3 Months