1. Ultimatums are key.
Basically nobody does anything for me unless I threaten to kill myself.
2. These and other efforts give me hope that together, we can and will prevail.
This #coronavirus is presenting us with an unprecedented threat. But it’s also an unprecedented opportunity to come together as one against a common enemy
3. Are you threatening me?
Why? Do you feel threatened?
Tags: Threatening |
4. Do you think you can scare me?
I have one life and that belongs to God.
5. Kevin: I could kill you if I wanted to, Snow.
Cecil: Yeah? So could another human being.
Cecil: So could a dog.
Cecil: So could a dedicated duck.
Cecil: You aren't special, Kevin.
6. Someone tells a demeaning joke, and you feel your skin crawl. Someone speeds through a stoplight, nearly missing a child, and you get angry. That’s a sign that a boundary has been crossed for you. Something important to you has been threatened, disregarded, or mocked.
7. No matter what the age of the bully, they are opportunistic and tend to prey on people they perceive as a threat or they dislike because of differences.
8. An adult bully actually feels insecure or threatened.
9. Tangible or material bullying: Using one’s formal power (i.e. title or position) or material leverage (i.e. financial, informational, or legal) as forms of intimidation, threat, harassment, and/or harm. In these scenarios, the bully uses his or her advantage in stature and/or resources to dominate and control the victim.
10. Verbal bullying: Threats; shaming; hostile teasing; insults; constant negative judgment and criticism; or racist, sexist, or homophobic language.
11. Someone who hates you normally hates you for one of three reasons: They see you as a threat. They hate themselves. Or they want to be you.
12. You cannot make one invent at gun point. Forget the movies, and think about pampering inventors, not threatening them
13. Emotional Refractory period is a system that is meant to keep you in the same anxious state that you’re already in. It wants to keep you in a place of fear and deeply sensitized, keeping you looking over your shoulder for the next potential threat. It will take information from the outside world, that re-triggers the state that you are already in.
You will not perceive good things around you as good.
Walking on the road and feeling sensitized, wondering are there any people around who would help me if I have a panic attack, or worse.
14. When you are having a panic attack, one simple line that can get you through the panic attack when you are having it is…
“this is uncomfortable, but it is not dangerous”