1. There's no present.
There's only the immediate future and the recent past.
2. The object of philosophy is the logical clarification of thought.
3. Rationalism is an adventure in the clarification of thought.
4. Philosophy aims at the logical clarification of thoughts.
Philosophy is not a body of doctrine but an activity.
A philosophical work consists essentially of elucidations.
5. If your mood swings make you absolutely overwhelmed with negative thoughts and starts to dominate your life and relationships, it is an indication to seek help from a mental health expert who can help you with therapy or medication.
6. Schizotypal personality disorder
-belief of having influence over people or events using their thoughts
-misunderstanding behavior of people
-inappropriate emotional response
-avoiding intimate relationship
7. People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.
8. One small positive thought can change your whole day.
9. Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
10. We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far
11. When the negative thoughts come – and they will; they come to all of us – it’s not enough to just not dwell on it… You’ve got to replace it with a positive thought.
12. You can’t control the world, but when you control your thoughts, you bring order.
13. If things aren’t going so well, I try to stay positive and not give in to negative thoughts.
14. Positive people have negative thoughts, they just don’t let those thoughts grow and destroy them.
15. I shall stay calm in moments of stress and anxiety, so as to allow positive thoughts and actions to manifest from me.
16. If you don't like something, change it.
If you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
17. The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.
18. Art is a line around your thoughts.
19. If the conversations with your friends aren't leaving you in deep thought, you're surrounding yourself with wrong people.
20. Put your thoughts to sleep. Do not let them cast a shadow over the moon of your heart.
Let go of thinking.
21. You don’t have to control your thoughts; you just have to stop letting them control you.
22. You have to build a relationship with the world of the unknown, uncertainty and make peace with peace. You will have to bring your authentic self back. The part of you that isn’t afraid, that sees things as they are - not worse than what they are. You have to bring this person out each and every day in order for you to heal, or else you are just going to keep getting addicted to stress hormones. See beyond your symptoms and intrusive thoughts.
23. These thinking patterns become so habitual, that they affect our emotional states and makes the health anxiety sufferer live in avoidance of certain situations, places, people.
As much as the sufferer think that the fear of dying is related to the root cause of health anxiety, it is also related to the fear of living. They are scared to put themselves out there in case the symptom gets worse, in case they can’t handle it or people won’t understand what they are going through.
24. Law of substitution states that one cannot stop themselves from thinking about something.
For example, try not to think about the Statue of Liberty. See how that failed?
Your mind does not understand “don’t”.
Your mind actually processes it as “Think about Statue of Liberty.”
Similarly, if you keep repeating in your head “don’t think about symptoms of anxiety”, guess what happens.
25. there is always something that you could imagine in your brain that could go wrong, and you could make yourself have a panic attack. Like, your body would actually respond to that.
That’s how powerful the thought process is.
26. The four golden words to every negative thought you will ever have.
“is it really true?”
27. The first step to managing a negative thought is acknowledging that you are having a negative thought.
Say it out loud.
Then try to sing it.
Then think the worst case scenario. And the worst part about that worst part. and the worst part of that worst part.
Eventually you will lead to the “real” reason why you are having that negative thought.
28. when you are having a panic attack, it’s so incredibly painful that it feels like something is terribly wrong inside your body.
you feel like you are going to die.
That’s intense. If you are feeling that you are going to die there is not much more intensity than that.
29. When you are having a panic attack, one simple line that can get you through the panic attack when you are having it is…
“this is uncomfortable, but it is not dangerous”
30. The 54321 method is effective grounding technique in getting you out of anxious thoughts and back into the present moment.
When you are too stuck in your head and feeling anxious, ask yourself this:
What are the 5 things you can see right now
What are the 4 things you can touch
What are the 3 things you can hear
What are the 2 things you can smell
What is the 1 thing you can taste
31. Never believe in every thought that you have.
Ask yourself, “Is that really true?”
32. ANTs or automatic negative thoughts kill an individual’s happiness.
if your brain tends to default to an unhappy moment, go deep into that thought and feel bad on purpose. Then stand up and say STOP!
now consciously go to one of the happiest moments of your life And re experience that with all of your senses and you’ll notice how your brain shifts and celebrate.
33. All the best things in life are free: love, smiles, friends, family, pets, thoughts, sunsets & sunrises and especially rainbows.
34. When a negative idea pops up, replay and listen to these fearful thoughts from the voice of Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Daffy Duck - you name it. People and characters that you never take seriously. This changes the perception of the negative idea.
35. When we reach a point where we are BORED of the same catastrophic ideas, and become disinterested when we look at the past and realize how much time we have wasted having these negative thoughts, now we are moving in the right direction.
36. Every time your symptoms or fear arise, it is an opportunity for you to practice. Every practice is an opportunity to test your predictions of the future threat.
Your catastrophic future predictions do not become true 100% of the time. That is why you are still here reading this Quote. So stop giving respect to your fearful thoughts.