1. If your mood swings make you absolutely overwhelmed with negative thoughts and starts to dominate your life and relationships, it is an indication to seek help from a mental health expert who can help you with therapy or medication.
2. Personality Disorder is the inflexible and unhealthy patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving. It may be triggered by genetic or environmental influences, mainly childhood trauma. Treatment is therapy and medication.
3. Personality Disorder Treatments
1. Psychotherapy - speaking with a therapist to better understand your feelings and learn how to manage stress and improve relationships and how to change negative thinking patterns
2. Medication - antidepressants help in improving depressed mood, anger or impulsivity. Mood stabilizers are for mood swings, irritability and anger; anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety medications
4. How To Safely Talk about Pain from Your Past
You have to remember that a therapist is trained to hear about trauma and knows how to respond. Your partner might not - they might get angry - not at you but for you. So you have to admit that you are very sensitive to their reaction and ask them to slow down and simply be with you in that moment.
5. Let go of your secret. Tell someone that you have self-harmed or thinking to harm yourself. It is quiet therapeutic and can be a huge relief.
6. My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today I have finished two bags of chips and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.
7. Gardening is cheaper than therapy. And you get Tomatoes.
8. It’s amazing how many worries are lost while gardening.
9. You can bury any number of headaches in a garden.
10. When gardeners garden, it is not just plants that grow, but the gardeners themselves
11. A bat was suffering from mental illness and went to a bad therapist. The bad therapist gave the following advice:
"Just hang in there..."
12. Why did the donut start going to therapy?
It couldn’t get over the feeling that something was missing — it never felt hole!