1. You can’t just repurpose old material created for one platform, throw it up on another one, and then be surprised when everyone yawns in your face. No one would ever think it was a good idea to use a print ad for a television commercial, or confuse a banner ad for a radio spot. Like their traditional media platform cousins, every social media platform has its own language.
2. The Internet is as powerful as oxygen, but we have not seen its full capabilities.
It’s got a long way to go, and it’s going to morph and change and reveal all kinds of surprises.
You’ve got to be prepared to evolve and adapt along with it.
3. I feel like the luckiest guy in the world.
I had to learn the skills I needed and become competent enough to match my confidence, but the thing that surprises me the most is learning that it’s not about how much you know; it’s about how much you care.
We can create anything we want to if we have the passion, the energy, the hustle, and commitment to our vision.
If I had been a jerk all along the way and I didn’t care about people, there’s no chance I would have been able to do this.
4. Selfish people tend to only be good to themselves...
then are surprised when they are alone.
5. Surprise the world with your character and humility to the extent they quit backbiting.
6. When I taught you at eight to ride a bicycle, loping along beside you as you wobbled away on two round wheels, my own mouth rounding in surprise when you pulled ahead down the curved path of the park, I kept waiting for the thud of your crash as I sprinted to catch up, while you grew smaller, more breakable with distance, pumping, pumping for your life, screaming with laughter, the hair flapping behind you like a handkerchief waving goodbye
7. This may come as a surprise to a lot of people, but a person does not have to be skinny in order to be healthy, happy and loved.
8. Taking Advantage Tactic #9
Feigning Ignorance or Confusion. Playing dumb, or acting like they don’t know what you’re talking about, which can throw you off balance and make you doubt yourself.