1. Perfectionism hampers success. In fact, it’s often the path to depression, anxiety, addiction, and life-paralysis.
2. I'm convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance....
Unless you have a lot of passion about this, you're not going to survive. You're going to give it up.
So you've got to have an idea, or a problem or a wrong that you want to right that you're passionate about; otherwise, you're not going to have the perseverance to stick it through.
3. The desperate usually succeed because they have nothing to lose.
4. The path to success is to take massive, determined action.
5. We’re not going to be the first to this party, but we’re going to be the best.
6. As anyone who starts a business knows, it is a fantastic race.
There is a statistic that hangs over your head - over 90 percent of all new businesses fail in the first three years.
For anyone with even a bit of competitive spirit in them, especially for someone who defines himself or herself as an entrepreneur, these overwhelming odds of failure are not intimidating, they only add fuel to the fire.
The foolishness of thinking that you're a part of the small minority of those who actually will make it past three years and defy the odds is part of what makes entrepreneurs who they are, driven by passion and completely irrational.
7. The Lisa people wanted to do something great.
And the Mac people want to do something insanely great.
The difference shows.
8. For success, Attitude is equally as important as Ability.
9. You wander from room to room
Hunting for the diamond necklace
That is already around your neck!
10. Passive-aggressive or covert bullying: Difficult to notice. A passive-aggressive or covert bully, however, behaves appropriately on the surface, but takes you down with subtlety.
Examples of passive-aggressive and covert bullying include negative gossip, negative joking at someone’s expense, sarcasm, condescending eye contact, facial expression or gestures, mimicking to ridicule, deliberately causing embarrassment and insecurity, the invisible treatment, social exclusion, professional isolation, and deliberately sabotaging someone’s well-being, happiness, and success.
Tags: Passive Aggressive | Bully | Adult Bully | Social Behavior | Subtle | Gossip | Poor Joke | When Someone Puts You Down | Looking Down | Shame | Embarassment | Insecurities | Treating Badly | Mental Wellness | Happiness | Success |
11. The older I get, the more I see how much motivations matter.
The Zune was crappy because the people at Microsoft don’t really love music or art the way we do.
We won because we personally love music.
12. Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one.
13. If you love your work, if you enjoy it, you're already a success.
14. Hustle until you no longer need to introduce yourself.
15. True success — financial, personal, and professional — lies above all in loving your family, working hard, and living your passion.
16. The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Don’t give up.
17. Mistakes are proof that you’re trying.
18. We think the Mac will sell zillions, but we didn’t build the Mac for anybody else.
We built it for ourselves.
19. Behind every successful person lies a pack of haters.
20. I am saddened, not by Microsoft success, I have no problem with their success, they’ve earned their success, for the most part.
I have a problem with the fact that they just make really third-rate products.
21. I like winning; I hope you do too!
Tags: Success |
22. Self doubt is the anchor that keeps our ships from sailing.
23. I do not adopt softness towards others because I want to make them better.
24. Narcissistic personality disorder
-belief that they are more important than others
-exaggeration of their achievements
-bragging about beauty, attractiveness or success
-need for admiration and validation
-lack of sympathy for others
25. I never lose.
Either I win or I learn.
26. You can’t have a million-dollar dream with a minimum-wage work ethic.
27. Kill them with success and bury them with a smile.
28. Lose enough and eventually you will win. It's only a matter of time.
29. All the so-called ‘secrets of success’ will not work unless you do.
30. People who hate you because of a mere jealousy over your success hurt themselves in disguise. This is because you carry an image of who they wish they had become. Don’t hate them back because they may also become like you one day and it will mean hurting that image you carry!
31. Success is not delivering a feature; success is learning how to solve the customer’s problem.
32. It’s not always easy to follow a new idea.
There is risk.
There is uncertainty.
Maybe it will fail… but maybe your new idea might succeed.
You’ll never know what could happen unless you commit to giving things a try.
33. I don’t care about being right.
I care about success and doing the right thing.
34. Hustle in silence and let your success make the noise.
35. The most dangerous way we sabotage ourselves is by waiting for the perfect moment to begin.
Nothing works perfectly the first time, or the first fifty times. Everything has a learning curve. The beginning is just that - a beginning. Surrender your desire to do it flawlessly on the first try. It's not possible. Learn to learn. Learn to fail. Learn to learn from failing. And begin today. Begin now. Stop waiting.