1. If you can't explain it SIMPLY, you don’t understand it well enough.
2. Ultimately, it comes down to taste.
It comes down to trying to expose yourself to the best things that humans have done and then try to bring those things into what you’re doing.
3. We try to focus and do very few things well.
And focusing is hard because focusing doesn’t mean saying yes, it means saying no.
So we decide not to do a lot of things so we can focus on a handful of things and do them well.
4. I would say I kind of have an unfair advantage, because I watch reality dating shows like a hawk, and I learn.
I absorb information from the strategies of the winners and the losers.
Actually, I probably learn more from the losers.
5. We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.
6. When we focus so hard on the tiny details, we leave ourselves open to miss the bigger picture. Details matter and so does an eagles point of view.
7. Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. That is against their interests. They want obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept it.
Tags: Government | Education | Thinking | Interest | Rules | Planning | Strategy | Political | Quotes that make you think | Work Life | Demotivational Work | Smart | Dumbness | Stupid People | Citizen | Accept |
8. If Nike opened a Hotel, I think we would be able to guess pretty accurately what it would be like.
If Hyatt came out with sneakers, we'd have no clue, because Hyatt doesn't have a brand. They have a Logo. If you swapped the logos, I would'nt know if I am in a Hyatt or a Hilton. No Brand. When you have a brand, you have made promise to people and people have expectations.
Tags: Branding | Marketing | Digital Marketing | Strategy | Planning | Entrepreneurship | Social Media | Logo | Design | Promise | Expectations | Customer Service | Customer Engagement | Customer Experience |
9. Take appropriate risks, risks that keep you in the game even if you fail.
10. Price is what you pay.
Value is what you get.
11. The source of Mom guilt can come from past trauma. It can also come if you are parenting with OCD or mental health conditions. Or if you are trying a parenting strategy that you think your parents didn't do quiet well.
12. It’s hard to beat your competition when you’re copying them.
13. If the brown-noser is bringing the team’s morale down, try offering praise and agreement to the brown noser, as it may decrease their need for constant approval from the boss and give them reassurances that they are a necessary part of the team.
14. Your strategy is hope and hope is great but it is not a great business strategy.
15. 50% of a watermelon is better than a 90% of grape.
16. It's much easier to double your business by doubling your conversion rate than by doubling your traffic.
17. Talent wins the game but teamwork and intelligence wins a championship.
18. Winning is more related to good defense than a good offense.
19. You will be told your whole life that you need to learn to listen. I would say that you need to learn to be the last to speak. The skill to hold your opinions to yourself until everyone has spoken does two things: It gives everyone the feeling that they have been heard and contributed, and you get the benefit of hearing what everybody else has to think before you render your opinion.
Tags: Wise | Wisdom | Inspirational | Strategy | Communication | Healthy Communication | Art | Patience | Impatience | Listening a Person | Question | Leadership | Public Speaking | Silence Speaks Louder Than Words | Speak | Your Opinion |
20. "If I only had more money for marketing, I could build a brand, then everyone will come rushing to me and buy". Except, that never works.
Marketing dollars never build brands.
Product satisfaction and execution build brands.
21. I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.
22. Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
23. Kindness is a passport that opens doors and fashions friends. It softens hearts and molds relationships that can last lifetimes.
24. Situations change from time to time. A friend may become an enemy and an enemy a friend. Life is inconsistent and ever changing. So are health and weather. We must, therefore, be prepared for the unexpected changes coming our way.
25. We must not rely on oil alone as the main source of our national income. We have to diversify the sources of our revenue and construct economic projects that will ensure a free, stable and dignified life for the people.