1. If you can't explain it SIMPLY, you don’t understand it well enough.
2. Ultimately, it comes down to taste.
It comes down to trying to expose yourself to the best things that humans have done and then try to bring those things into what you’re doing.
3. We try to focus and do very few things well.
And focusing is hard because focusing doesn’t mean saying yes, it means saying no.
So we decide not to do a lot of things so we can focus on a handful of things and do them well.
4. I would say I kind of have an unfair advantage, because I watch reality dating shows like a hawk, and I learn.
I absorb information from the strategies of the winners and the losers.
Actually, I probably learn more from the losers.
5. WHO continues to call on all countries to implement a comprehensive approach, with the aim of slowing down #COVID19 transmission and flattening the curve.
This approach is saving lives and buying time for the development of vaccines and treatments
6. We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.
7. When we focus so hard on the tiny details, we leave ourselves open to miss the bigger picture. Details matter and so does an eagles point of view.
8. Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. That is against their interests. They want obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept it.
Tags: Government | Education | Thinking | Interest | Rules | Planning | Strategy | Political | Quotes that make you think | Work Life | Demotivational Work | Smart | Dumbness | Stupid People | Citizen | Accept |
9. If Nike opened a Hotel, I think we would be able to guess pretty accurately what it would be like.
If Hyatt came out with sneakers, we'd have no clue, because Hyatt doesn't have a brand. They have a Logo. If you swapped the logos, I would'nt know if I am in a Hyatt or a Hilton. No Brand. When you have a brand, you have made promise to people and people have expectations.
Tags: Branding | Marketing | Digital Marketing | Strategy | Planning | Entrepreneurship | Social Media | Logo | Design | Promise | Expectations | Customer Service | Customer Engagement | Customer Experience |
10. Take appropriate risks, risks that keep you in the game even if you fail.
11. Price is what you pay.
Value is what you get.
12. The source of Mom guilt can come from past trauma. It can also come if you are parenting with OCD or mental health conditions. Or if you are trying a parenting strategy that you think your parents didn't do quiet well.
13. It’s hard to beat your competition when you’re copying them.
14. If the brown-noser is bringing the team’s morale down, try offering praise and agreement to the brown noser, as it may decrease their need for constant approval from the boss and give them reassurances that they are a necessary part of the team.