1. There is no logical reason to think that a tire company should be a food critic, but a hundred years ago, Michelin tires started reviewing rural restaurants to encourage people living in the cities to drive farther and wear their tires out more quickly.
Guinness created the Guinness Book of World Records to reinforce its brand and give people something to talk about in the pubs.
Similarly, I predict that one day a brand like Nike could put out its own sports programming and compete successfully against ESPN, or Amtrak could launch a publication that could stand up to Travel + Leisure.
2. I still don’t understand why people like sports.
They get so emotional over the weirdest things.
But I do see the beauty in the rules.
The invisible code of chaos hiding behind the menacing face of order.
3. Who is the corniest baseball player of all time?
4. Russia managed to win the first match of the World Cup after Putin a lot of effort.
5. It’s not so important who starts the game but who finishes it.
6. If we are not at home, check the basketball courts.
7. Today’s forecast: 100% chance of winning.
8. If at first, you don’t succeed, It’s because of me
9. Talent wins the game but teamwork and intelligence wins a championship.
10. Be an individual, but be a team player first.
11. Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not on the back.
12. Winning is more related to good defense than a good offense.
13. A football player goes to the doctor and says "It hurts whenever I touch my face, knee and elbow."
The doctor says,
"You've broken your hand."