1. May Allah make us among those who are given the glad tidings of Jannah at the time our soul is being removed.
2. Quran 12:53, (about an-nafs al-ammarah)
"I do not think that I am free from weakness; all human souls are susceptible to evil except for those to whom my Lord has granted mercy. My Lord is certainly All-forgiving and All-merciful."
3. Quran Chapter 15
(28) "So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him (Adam) the soul which I created for him, then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him."
(29) "All the angels prostrated before Adam"
(30) "Except Iblis (Satan), - he refused to be among the prostrators."
4. Quran Chapter 5, (about an-nafs al-luwwamah)
(1) I swear by the Day of Resurrection
(2) and by the self accusing soul (that you will certainly be resurrected).
(3) Do men think that We shall never be able to assemble their bones?
(4) We certainly have the power to restore them even the very tips of their finger.
5. Difference between Rooh and Nafs
Rooh means "soul". Nafs is what Allah enjoins between the soul and the body outside of a mothers womb. So when a child is born, being alive outside a mothers womb necessitates you being a nafs. The Rooh is the soul itself, minus the body.
6. Don't sell your akhira by letting people in this dunya break you so much that you lose the warmth of your heart and the kindness of the soul.
7. Hijab is for the body.
Haya is for the soul.
8. "And they ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning the Ruh (the Spirit); Say: "The Ruh (the Spirit): it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little."
9. Quran Chapter 75, (about an-nafs al-mutma innah)
(27) "(It will be said to the pious): "O (you) the one in (complete) rest and satisfaction!"
10. Types of Nafs (Soul)
1- Nafs Al Ammara - The inciting self commanding and luring us to do evil, making one a slave of their desires, passion and lust. The most lower and beastly self.
2- Nafs al Lawamma - The self-aware and self-accusing self. Nafs doing wrong but says "I shouldn't be doing this". The repentful, remorseful self.
3-Nafs al Mutma'inna - The self at peace. In complete submission of its being to God, with no more conflict; doing the right things by nature, not by compulsion. Happy with the will of God.
Tags: Nafs | Word Meaning | Soul Searching | Soul | Evil | Inciting | Luring | Lust | Materialistic | Beast | Animals | Repent | Remorse | Peace | Submission | Free Will | Nature | Compulsion | Happiness | Meaning Of Life | Purpose of Life | Life Is A Test | Will | Tranquility | Doing The Right Thing | Human Nature |
11. Don't sell your akhira by letting people in this Dunya break you so much that you lose the warmth of your heart and the kindness of the soul.
12. In this age of nudity, the more you reveal the cheaper you are regarded, even if the world makes you feel you are liberated.
Modest dress plays a key role in purification of the soul & deep inner contentment.
13. Quran Chapter 91
(7) "and by the soul and that (Power) which designed it"
(8) "and inspired it with knowledge of evil and piety,"
(9) "those who purify their souls will certainly have everlasting happiness"
14. When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.
15. When one talks about being like a dead corpse in the hands of a spiritual teacher it means being able to surrender one's will, specially one's nafs al ammarah, that is a part of our soul which is again a Quranic term, which commands us to evil - we must surrender that. That's what it means. It doesn't make you become part of a cog of a machine.