1. You cannot build anything on rotten soil.
2. Your first job is to prepare the soil. The best tool for this is your neighbor’s motorized garden tiller. If your neighbor does not own a garden tiller, suggest that he buy one.
3. To forget how to dig the earth and tend the soil is to forget ourselves.
4. Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint, and the soil and sky as canvas.
5. Our life at present on the blessed soil of our country is a triumph over the pains of the past and the harshness of its conditions.