Social Media Quotes
1. The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work.
Pleasure without conscience.
Knowledge without character.
Commerce without morality.
Science without humanity.
Worship without sacrifice.
Politics without principle.
2. If you are on social media, and you are not learning, not laughing, not being inspired or not networking, then you are using it wrong.
3. It took thirty-eight years before 50 million people gained access to radios.
It took television thirteen years to earn an audience that size.
It took Instagram a year and a half.
4. Social media is like crack—immediately gratifying and hugely addictive.
5. While companies were getting comfy cozy with the idea of being on social media platforms, social media transcended those platforms, and few businesses have followed.
Tags: Social Media |
6. There is no formula for cool content, other than that you can’t make it if you don’t have a deep understanding of what makes your audience tick and what they’re seeking when they use social media.
7. You can’t just repurpose old material created for one platform, throw it up on another one, and then be surprised when everyone yawns in your face. No one would ever think it was a good idea to use a print ad for a television commercial, or confuse a banner ad for a radio spot. Like their traditional media platform cousins, every social media platform has its own language.
8. If your content can make a person feel, he is likely to share it with others, providing you with amplified word of mouth at a fraction of the cost of most other media.
9. You cannot win big in social media if you’re going to be afraid of emerging technology.
Tags: Social Media |
10. Confidence level: selfie with no filter.
11. “AF” is my favorite unit of measurement.
12. Your hair is 90% of your selfie.
13. Metadata - The story behind the data.
Getting information is one things, but how it was created - where and by whom - can often be illuminating.
Like most pics people post on Instagram or Facebook, they don't realize they just gifted whatever social media site their camera type, phone model, name and location - all hidden inside the photograph's metadata.
14. You are my favorite notification.
15. If Nike opened a Hotel, I think we would be able to guess pretty accurately what it would be like.
If Hyatt came out with sneakers, we'd have no clue, because Hyatt doesn't have a brand. They have a Logo. If you swapped the logos, I would'nt know if I am in a Hyatt or a Hilton. No Brand. When you have a brand, you have made promise to people and people have expectations.
Tags: Branding | Marketing | Digital Marketing | Strategy | Planning | Entrepreneurship | Social Media | Logo | Design | Promise | Expectations | Customer Service | Customer Engagement | Customer Experience |
16. If you use your money to create exceptional products and services, you won’t need to spend it on advertising.
17. Mom guilt has many origins, from personal insecurities to outside pressures from family, friends, social media, and other sources.
18. Love your kids on your terms - in your own amazing way — and don’t let what others are doing (or saying) put out your parenting fire.
19. Long time ago I used to have a life. Until someone told me to create an Instagram account.
20. Cyberbullying: tangible, verbal, and passive-aggressive behavior of bullying can be conveyed online via social media, texting, video, email, on-line discussion, and other digital formats. Identity theft is also a form of cyberbullying.
21. If you call yourself an "authoress" on your Facebook profile, you suck at life. You are stupid and your children are ugly. It doesn't matter if you're just trying to be cute and original. You're not. You are about as original as all those other witless twits "writing" the one millionth shitty Fifty Shades clone. Or maybe you're trying to show your 2000 fake Facebook "friends" that you are an empowered feminist who will not stand for sexist terminology. But you're not showing people that you are fighting the good fight, you're showing people that you are a sheep, who's trying just a little too hard to ride the current wave of idiotic political correctness. The word "author" is no more gender-discrimination than the word "person." Do you call yourself a personess? No, of course not, because then you might as well wear a sign around your neck that says, "Hello, I'm a retard.”
22. Sometimes you have to "Unfollow" people in real life.
23. Beauty magazines and Instagram makes you girl feel ugly.
24. How to know if an Instagram Accounts has Fake Followers?
Instagram accounts with less than 1,000 followers = average 8% engagement rate
1,000-10,000 followers = 4% engagement rate.
10,000-100,000 = a 2.4% engagement rate
1 million+ followers = 1.7% engagement rate.
These numbers can be helpful in benchmarking who buys Instagram likes, and who’s the real deal.
25. Why in the world do we have to be like this? We lose weight when we aren’t even fat. We throw up and do plastic surgeries as if we will die if we weren’t pretty. We rate people’s faces and fight amongst ourselves. Why on earth do we have to be like this? I don’t want to do it anymore. I really don’t want to. I will think properly about what makes me happy again from now on.
26. Life is all about fighting through your struggles. People may seem like they’re living a worry-free life, but they’re all just trying their best to keep living.
27. Social Media:
Where Hypocrisy, Falseness, Double Standards, Rumors & Depression
meet up for coffee.