1. It's not politically correct to say that you love one child more than you love your others.
I love all of my kids, period, and they're all your favorites in different ways.
But ask any parent who's been through some kind of crisis surrounding a child--a health scare, an academic snarl, an emotional problem--and we will tell you the truth.
When something upends the equilibrium--when one child needs you more than the others--that imbalance becomes a black hole.
You may never admit it out loud, but the one you love the most is the one who needs you more desperately than his siblings.
What we really hope is that each child gets a turn. That we have deep enough reserves to be there for each of them, at different times.
All this goes to hell when two of your children are pitted against each other, and both of them want you on their side.
2. Parents may not even realize they are doing it - such as laughing only at one child's jokes - Or letting them get away with things that there siblings can't.
3. If children feel there is some favoritism going on in the family, it can potentially create some real problems
4. Sibling rivalry is just one result of playing favorites by parents.
While some experts believe growing up with a little competition isn't a bad thing, too much could create a wedge between siblings that could last a lifetime.
5. It doesn't necessarily mean that parents should treat each kid exactly equally because its unlikely the kids need the same thing.
Say one child is getting more attention for their school work than other, it maybe because that child needs that kind of support.
6. Because brothers don’t let each other wander in the dark alone.
7. I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.
8. Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other
9. Who needs superheroes when you have a brother.
10. Dear Brother,
You are more special to me than you will ever know...
11. Only a brother can love like a father, annoy like a sister, care like a mother and support like a friend. I love you my Brother.
12. We shared parents, home, pets, celebrations, catastrophes, secrets. And the threads of our experience became so interwoven that we are linked. I can never be utterly lonely, knowing you share the planet.
13. The greatest gift our parents gave us was each other.
14. Being brother and sister means being there for each other.
15. you've always been my protector, my big brother, who was with me through ups and downs. I love you with all my heart.
16. Security is..
having a big brother.
17. Dear brother,
I don't care when you disturb me. But i get disturbed when you don't disturb me.