1. Histrionic personality disorder
-seeking attention by being overly dramatic or sexually provocative
-easily influenced by people
-extremely sensitive to criticism or disapproval
2. How To Safely Talk about Pain from Your Past
You have to remember that a therapist is trained to hear about trauma and knows how to respond. Your partner might not - they might get angry - not at you but for you. So you have to admit that you are very sensitive to their reaction and ask them to slow down and simply be with you in that moment.
3. Reddit names are unconnected to real-world identities and it's commonplace for users to create 'throwaway' accounts to reveal sensitive information.
4. Gaslighters minimize your feelings to gain power over you.
They say things like:
“Why are you so sensitive?”
“Calm down. You are overreacting. “
5. We feel that if we feel sensitized, if we can interpret our sensations and symptoms as being physical dangers, then we can be one step ahead of potential cancer or heart attack. So we go on Google, we seek reassurance - anything to make us feel better.
6. Health Anxiety symptoms, most of the time, are reflection of experiences from the past that have lead to your sensitized state.
Symptoms may seem physical but it is in-fact a deeper underlying challenge related to a time where you froze in your life, felt helpless, and you couldn’t express yourself; or a time in your life where your expectations weren’t met and you felt lost and disconnected.
7. How to view your symptoms?
Tell yourself that:
My symptoms are a result of accumulation of sensitivity that is in my body.
My symptoms are related to the inner wounded child that still hasn’t had its needs met.
My symptoms are trying to alert my conscious mind that something in this environment is being connected to something that happened in the previous times of my life.
And therefore these symptoms are trying to protect me.