1. At night, when the sky is full of stars and the sea is still you get the wonderful sensation that you are floating in space.
2. A future catastrophic thought can make you feel uncomfortable in the body in the present moment.
On the contrary, you can experience a positive emotion from something good that’s already happened to you, again!
So why not multiply the good stuff in your brain.
3. The 54321 method is effective grounding technique in getting you out of anxious thoughts and back into the present moment.
When you are too stuck in your head and feeling anxious, ask yourself this:
What are the 5 things you can see right now
What are the 4 things you can touch
What are the 3 things you can hear
What are the 2 things you can smell
What is the 1 thing you can taste
4. When you are in an alert fight or flight state, you want to do everything fast. You wake up and shower fast, eat fast, and work fast.
If you do the reverse and slow down by breathing deeply through your diaphragm and not rushing things, you are sending a direct signal to your nervous system that this particular situation is not the one to be feared. You train your subconscious by going against the daily ritual of waking up, checking the body for sensations and then doing things in a hurry.
5. When you are having a panic attack
1. Allow the symptoms and sensations to take place. Let them happen and don’t give them importance or respect that they crave. This will stop any further adrenaline spikes.
2. Distract your focus and get your adrenaline out of the system by walking/jogging. Set a challenge of walking and coming back within a time limit. This will help in focus distraction.
3. Let the storm pass.
Over a period of time, this management of panic attack/anxiety will become habitual.