1. “The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.”
2. Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.
3. Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out.
4. Be willing to give, but only when you aren't expecting anything in return.
5. When we are in pain, we become self-centered and myopic. When we heal, we become more empathetic, self-less, and sympathetic to pain and welfare of other. It is our gift to others to heal ourselves.