Selfish Quotes reminding you about the selfishness of people around you and how to recognize and handle selfish behavior in your relatives and friends. These quotations on Selfishness of people will serve you as a reminder on understanding this disliked human behavior and personality trait.
1. Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive.
It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves.
2. It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.
3. They're not happy for you because they wish it was them.
4. The most miserable people are those who only care about themselves, understand only their own troubles and see only their own perspective.
5. Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less.
6. A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle.
7. In essence, humans are selfish beings.
Think about it. What are the things that you can admit that you are selfish about?
8. To love at all is to be vulnerable.
Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.
If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal.
Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements.
Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.
To love is to be vulnerable.
9. Everybody isn’t your friend. Just because they hang around you and laugh with you doesn’t mean they are all your friends. People pretend well. At the end of the day, real situations expose fake people, so pay attention.
10. Love is what is left in a relationship after all the selfishness is taken out.
11. The seed cannot sprout upwards without simultaneously sending roots into the ground.
12. That's the good part of dying; when you've got nothing to lose, you run any risk you want.
13. If there is one thing I dislike, it is the man who tries to air his grievances when I wish to air mine.
14. Selfish people also tend to have victim mindsets… Their actions plant seeds of loneliness; then they cry upon the blooming.
15. You need to stop being so selfish and start caring about everyone else.
16. No man will work for your interests unless they are his.
17. Selfishness must always be forgiven you know because there is no hope of a cure.
18. Fake friends show their true colors when they don't need you anymore.
19. I really appreciate those people who stay with me even if I am a little bit selfish about everything.
20. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not selfish, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
21. Insecurities, betrayal, and selfishness are the things that will never make you a happy person.
22. As selfishness and complaint pervert the mind, so love with its joy clears and sharpens the vision.
23. KEEP CALM AND AVOID SELFISH PEOPLE
24. I hate liars, hypocrites, and people who take advantage of people who care about them
25. Putting yourself first is not selfish. Thinking about yourself constantly is selfish. Please respect the difference
26. When you stop thinking of the benefit of other people, That is the moment you become selfish.
27. Selfishness is thinking more of the benefits you will get on helping someone.
28. Insecurities, betrayal, and selfishness are the things that will never make you a happy person.
29. Most people are only concerned with their own heart, they don’t care if they break yours.
30. Selfish people tend to only be good to themselves...
then are surprised when they are alone.
31. Self care is not Selfish.
32. Forgive anyone who does wrong on you. Don’t you know that it is selfish to stay mad at someone for a long time?
33. Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, But they are not capable of loving themselves either
34. Maybe we weren't right together, but, it's weird. I'd rather she be alone than with somebody. Is that love?
35. A person is called selfish, not for pursuing his or her own good, but for neglecting his or her neighbor’s.
36. Stay real. Stay loyal or stay away from me.
37. The real measure of selfishness is by asking a person how much he is willing to sacrifice.
38. Selfish- a judgment readily passed by those who have never tested their own power of sacrifice.
39. Selfish people are, by definition, Those whose activities are devoted to bringing themselves happiness. Yet. . . these selfish people are far less likely to be happy than those whose efforts are devoted to making others happy.
40. Selfishness is when you only remember a friend if you need something from them.
41. Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians.
Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck.
Well, where do people think these politicians come from?
They don't fall out of the sky.
They don't pass through a membrane from another reality.
They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens.
This is the best we can do folks.
This is what we have to offer.
It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out.
If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders.
Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans.
So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck.
Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public.
Yeah, the public sucks.
There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody:
'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.
42. We are living in a world where helping others is not usual. People often give help to those with whom they have some vested interest or selfishness.
One can barely find someone who is willing to give without any selfish intentions.
But some people act like a blessing in disguise.
43. Selfishness comes from poverty in the heart, from the belief that love is not abundant.
44. What are selfish people but ones who use the weakness of others for their own pleasure?
45. if you have selfish ignorant citizens, you're gonna get selfish ignorant leaders.