Quotes about Selfishness
Selfish Quotes reminding you about the selfishness of people around you and how to recognize and handle selfish behavior in your relatives and friends. These quotations on Selfishness of people will serve you as a reminder on understanding this disliked human behavior and personality trait.
1. To love at all is to be vulnerable.
Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.
If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal.
Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements.
Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.
To love is to be vulnerable.
Tags: Sad Love | Depression | Selfishness | Heart | Change | Moving On | Love Quotes for Her | Vulnerable |
2. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not selfish, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Tags: Selfishness | Love Quotes for Her | Rude | Boasting | Be Kind |
3. Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians.
Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck.
Well, where do people think these politicians come from?
They don't fall out of the sky.
They don't pass through a membrane from another reality.
They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens.
This is the best we can do folks.
This is what we have to offer.
It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out.
If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders.
Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans.
So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck.
Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public.
Yeah, the public sucks.
There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody:
'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.
Tags: Selfishness | Quotes that make you think | Ignorance |
4. We are living in a world where helping others is not usual. People often give help to those with whom they have some vested interest or selfishness.
One can barely find someone who is willing to give without any selfish intentions.
But some people act like a blessing in disguise.
Tags: Judgemental | Selfishness | Life | Truth | Hugot Lines in English | Meaningful |
5. Maybe we weren't right together, but, it's weird. I'd rather she be alone than with somebody. Is that love?
Tags: Selfishness | TV Show Quotes | Confused | The Office | I Would Rather | Two Faced People |
6. Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive.
It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves.
Tags: Selfishness | Realization | Sinful | Selfish Friends | Justify |
7. What are selfish people but ones who use the weakness of others for their own pleasure?
Tags: Selfishness | Weakness | Selfish Friends | Pleasure |
8. I hate liars, hypocrites, and people who take advantage of people who care about them
Tags: Caring | Selfishness | Hypocrisy | Taking Advantage | Selfish Friends | Liar |
9. Selfishness is when you only remember a friend if you need something from them.
Tags: Selfishness | Fake Friendship | Selfish Friends | Ulterior Motive |
10. You need to stop being so selfish and start caring about everyone else.
Tags: Caring | Selfishness | Selfish Friends |
11. In essence, humans are selfish beings.
Think about it. What are the things that you can admit that you are selfish about?
Tags: Smile captions for Instagram | Selfishness | Instagram | Selfish Friends | Human Behavior | Instagram Questions | Unique and Rare |
12. Insecurities, betrayal, and selfishness are the things that will never make you a happy person.
Tags: Selfishness | Insecurities | Happiness | Contentment | Selfish Friends | Betrayal | Fake Happy |
13. Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, But they are not capable of loving themselves either
Tags: Selfishness | Quotes that make you think | Self Love | Selfish Friends |
14. Selfish people are, by definition, Those whose activities are devoted to bringing themselves happiness. Yet. . . these selfish people are far less likely to be happy than those whose efforts are devoted to making others happy.
Tags: Selfishness | Do What Makes You Happy | Happiness | Selfish Friends |
15. Selfishness is thinking more of the benefits you will get on helping someone.
Tags: Selfishness | Selfish Friends | Collaboration | Shout Out |
16. Forgive anyone who does wrong on you. Don’t you know that it is selfish to stay mad at someone for a long time?
Tags: Selfishness | Forgiveness | Wrong | Selfish Friends |
17. The real measure of selfishness is by asking a person how much he is willing to sacrifice.
Tags: Selfishness | Sacrifice | Selfish Friends |
18. When you stop thinking of the benefit of other people, That is the moment you become selfish.
Tags: Selfishness | Selfish Friends |
19. Selfish people tend to only be good to themselves...
then are surprised when they are alone.
Tags: Selfishness | Loneliness | Selfish Friends | Surprised |
20. Fake friends show their true colors when they don't need you anymore.
Tags: Selfishness | Fake Friendship | Selfish Friends |
21. The most miserable people are those who only care about themselves, understand only their own troubles and see only their own perspective.
Tags: Selfishness | Perspective | Miserable | Selfish Friends |
22. They're not happy for you because they wish it was them.
Tags: Selfishness | Jealousy | Wishes | Selfish Friends |
23. Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less.
Tags: Humility | Word Meaning | Narcissism | Ego | Selfishness | Pride |
24. That's the good part of dying; when you've got nothing to lose, you run any risk you want.
Tags: Nothing To Lose | Death | Risk | Carefree | Selfishness |
25. Stay real. Stay loyal or stay away from me.
Tags: Selfish Friends | Selfishness | Stay Real | Loyal | Stay Away | Sassy |
26. A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle.
Tags: Selfishness | Selfish Friends |
27. Love is what is left in a relationship after all the selfishness is taken out.
Tags: Selfishness | Selfish Friends |
28. Most people are only concerned with their own heart, they don’t care if they break yours.
Tags: Selfishness | Selfish Friends | Heart | Heart Break | I Dont Care |
29. Putting yourself first is not selfish. Thinking about yourself constantly is selfish. Please respect the difference
Tags: Selfishness | Selfish Friends | Difference | Respect | Please | Misunderstanding | Criticism | Allegation | Bias | Judgemental |
30. I really appreciate those people who stay with me even if I am a little bit selfish about everything.
Tags: Selfishness | Selfish Friends | Appreciate | Friendship |
31. No man will work for your interests unless they are his.
Tags: Interest | Selfishness | Work Tip | Sales | Business | Barter |
32. Selfishness must always be forgiven you know because there is no hope of a cure.
Tags: Selfishness | Forgiveness | Hopeless | Cure | Selfish Friends |
33. Selfishness comes from poverty in the heart, from the belief that love is not abundant.
Tags: Selfishness | Selfish Friends | Heart | Poverty | Belief | Abundance | Love |
34. Selfish people also tend to have victim mindsets… Their actions plant seeds of loneliness; then they cry upon the blooming.
Tags: Selfishness | Selfish Friends | Victim | Mindset | Actions | Seed | Loneliness | Crying | Bloom | Emotional Blackmail |
35. As selfishness and complaint pervert the mind, so love with its joy clears and sharpens the vision.
Tags: Selfishness | Selfish Friends | Complaining | Love | Joy | Sharp | Vision | Helen Keller |
36. A person is called selfish, not for pursuing his or her own good, but for neglecting his or her neighbor’s.
Tags: Selfishness | Selfish Friends | Pursue | Neglecting | Neighbor | Definition |
37. If there is one thing I dislike, it is the man who tries to air his grievances when I wish to air mine.
Tags: Selfishness | Dislike | Grief | Understanding | Communication | Healthy Communication | Blame | Hearing | Listening a Person | Soft Skills | Annoying People |
38. Selfish- a judgment readily passed by those who have never tested their own power of sacrifice.
Tags: Selfishness | Selfish Friends | Judgemental | Test | Sacrifice | Self Learning | Self | Criticism |
39. Everybody isn’t your friend. Just because they hang around you and laugh with you doesn’t mean they are all your friends. People pretend well. At the end of the day, real situations expose fake people, so pay attention.
Tags: Selfishness | Selfish Friends | Fake Friendship | Pretending | Exposed | Attention | Two Faced People |
40. KEEP CALM AND AVOID SELFISH PEOPLE
Tags: Selfishness | Selfish Friends | Keep Calm | Avoid |
41. It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.
Tags: Self Love | Selfishness | Take Care | Self Respect | Priority | Necessary |
42. Self care is not Selfish.
Tags: Self Love | Selfishness |
43. The seed cannot sprout upwards without simultaneously sending roots into the ground.
Tags: Ancient Egyptian | Seed | Selfishness |
44. if you have selfish ignorant citizens, you're gonna get selfish ignorant leaders.
Tags: Selfishness | Ignorance | Citizen | Political | Quotes that make you think | Ignorance |
45. Guilt trips are a passive-aggressive form of manipulation and bullying. They're designed to give the manipulator exactly what they want at your expense. Your feelings and needs don't matter. By refusing to play their games and act or feel guilty, you disarm them and they lose their power over you.
Tags: Guilt | Passive Aggressive | Manipulation | Bully | Mind Games | Feelings | Needs | Selfishness | Selfish Friends | I Dont Care | Refusal | Saying No | Power | Life | Quotes that make you think |
46. When a woman submits to a man, it's the most precious gift she can give. Herself. Unreservedly. The man has to respect and honor that gift above all else. Even if he respects nothing else in the world, he must respect the woman in his care. It's his sworn duty to protect, honor and cherish his submissive. To take care of her and provide a safe haven. Someone who would put his own needs above his woman's is no man.
Tags: Submissive | Wife | Housewife | Marriage | Real Love | Respect | When A Man Loves A Woman | Responsibility | Safe | Selfishness |
47. If his marriage "was over" long before he met you, then how come he was still married and living with his wife?
The truth is he is a cheater and you are desperate. Good luck to you both.
Tags: Other Woman | Hypocrisy | Selfishness | Denial | Truth | Reality | Fake Love | Desperate |
48. When someone shows you who they really are, believe them.
Tags: Reality | Realization | Exposed | Mind Games | Mental Health | Selfish Friends | Selfishness |
49. Oh Lord!
Grant me the serenity to accept selfish ungrateful people for who they are, and the courage to not become bitter, and the wisdom not to let it ever happen again!
Tags: Ungrateful | Selfishness | Courageous | Bitter | Wisdom |
50. Being nice merely to be liked in return nullifies the point.
Tags: Be Kind | Being Nice | Loved | Making Friends | Bully | Selfishness |
51. Anger is a primary emotion that quickly triggers the brain - within 1/20th of a second. We often are primed to get angry because we are experiencing “other” issues like Low self-worth, unmet goals, disappointments, abuse, expectations, fear, selfishness, sins, skill deficits, stress or other emotional or relationship problems.
Tags: Anger | Emotions | Trigger | Brain | Self Worth | Life Goals | Relationship Goals | Disappointment | Abuse | Emotional Abuse | Expectations | Fear | Selfishness | Sinner | Soft Skills | Stress | Relationship | Anxiety |