Self Help Quotes
1. I saw a book titled "Anxiety and Depression for Dummies" yesterday in the store... Not sure if it is appropriate to label someone looking for mental help a "dummy".
2. All gardeners live in beautiful places, because they make them so
3. The gain for the victim is in the fact that he can get people to stay and take care of him — for who could ever really leave the poor victim without feeling terribly guilty. In this way, victims often bully others into all kinds of care-giving, running the gamut from providing financially for poor victim, to literally making all of his choices for him. The victim typically knows exactly what buttons to push in others to get them to begin or continue to take care of him. Indeed, quite often the bully identity lurches backward into his shadowed victim identity, as a means of justifying his abuse of others.
4. If I am not good to myself, how can I expect anyone else to be good to me?
5. My life is a mess right now and I compulsively take care of other people when I don’t know how to take care of myself.
6. Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got.