School System Quotes
1. I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school.
They don't teach you how to love somebody.
They don't teach you how to be famous.
They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor.
They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer.
They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind.
They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying.
They don't teach you anything worth knowing.
2. My kids’ generation may be the last generation that holds university to such high esteem.
Tags: School System |
3. Why have so many schools reduced the time and emphasis they place on art, music, and physical education?
The answer is beyond simple: those areas aren’t measured on the all-important tests.
You know where those areas are measured… in life!
Art, music, and a healthy lifestyle help us develop a richer, deeper, and more balanced perspective.
Never before have we needed more of an emphasis on the development of creativity, but schools have gone the exact opposite direction in an effort to make the best test-taking automatons possible.
Our economy no longer rewards people for blindly following rules and becoming a cog in the machine.
We need risk-takers, outside-the-box thinkers, and entrepreneurs; our school systems do the next generation a great disservice by discouraging these very skills and attitudes. Instead of helping and encouraging them to find and develop their unique strengths, they're told to shut up, put the cell phones away, memorize these facts and fill in the bubbles.
4. The world is full of Educated fools.
5. High grades don’t measure intelligence.
6. What do headmasters and bullfrogs have in common?
Both have big heads that consist mostly of mouth!