Sad Love Quotes
1. If s/he’s not calling you, it’s because you are not on his/her mind. If s/he creates expectations for you, and then doesn’t follow through on little things, s/he will do same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that s/he’s okay with disappointing you. Don’t be with someone who doesn’t do what they say they’re going to do. If s/he’s choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony to a recurring fight, then s/he doesn’t respect your feelings and needs.
2. There are two ways to remove a Band-Aid : slowly and painfully, or quickly and painfully. Your choice.
3. You may not believe it now, but the way you're feeling will change.
4. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.
5. It is not incumbent that every person is your well wisher,
The wound of love are your keepsakes, do not show them.
Ye zaroori nahin har shakhs masiha hi ho,
Pyaar ke zakhm amanat hain, dikhaya na karo
6. You won't always feel this way...
7. You’ll be okay. Not now, but soon.
8. No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater...The love we have for each other is bigger than these small differences. And that's the key. It's like a big pie chart, and the love in a relationship has to be the biggest piece. Love can make up for a lot.
9. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
10. You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.
11. Love is a wonderful thing, my dear, but it leaves you wide open for blackmail.
12. Love is the cure,
for your pain will keep giving birth to more pain
until your eyes constantly exhale love as effortlessly as your body yields its scent.
13. Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it?
It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you.
They didn't ask for it.
They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore.
Love takes hostages.
It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart.
Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain.
I hate love.
14. Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.
15. Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
16. Life goes on, with or without you.
17. I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
18. You’re my once upon a time, but I guess I’m not your happily-ever-after...
19. People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants.
But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.
A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake.
20. Sit, be still, and listen,
because you're drunk
and we're at
the edge of the roof.
21. When you want to give up, tell yourself you will hold on for just one more day, hour, minute - whatever you can manage.
22. And sometimes being in love is not enough to make it work.
23. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
24. Be empty of worrying.
Think of who created thought!
Why do you stay in prison
When the door is so wide open?
25. I choose to love you in silence…
For in silence I find no rejection,
I choose to love you in loneliness…
For in loneliness no one owns you but me,
I choose to adore you from a distance…
For distance will shield me from pain,
I choose to kiss you in the wind…
For the wind is gentler than my lips,
I choose to hold you in my dreams…
For in my dreams, you have no end.
26. If you ignore me, I’ll ignore you. If you don’t put in the effort, why should I?
27. Life will break you.
Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning.
You have to love.
You have to feel.
It is the reason you are here on earth.
You are here to risk your heart.
You are here to be swallowed up.
And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.
Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.
28. These pains you feel are messengers.
Listen to them.
29. Above all, don't lie to yourself.
The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others.
And having no respect he ceases to love.
30. Pleasure of love lasts but a moment.
Pain of love lasts a lifetime.
31. How could she feel nostalgia when he was right in front of her?
How can you suffer from the absence of a person who is present?
32. Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary.
33. To love at all is to be vulnerable.
Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.
If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal.
Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements.
Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.
To love is to be vulnerable.
34. don't allow someone to treat you poorly just because you love them
35. Sorrow prepares you for joy.
It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter.
It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place.
It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow.
Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.
36. Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting, it means you choose happiness over hurt.
37. But listen to me. For one moment
quit being sad. Hear blessings
dropping their blossoms