1. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
2. Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it?
It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you.
They didn't ask for it.
They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore.
Love takes hostages.
It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart.
Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain.
I hate love.
3. People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants.
But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.
A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake.
4. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
5. To love at all is to be vulnerable.
Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.
If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal.
Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements.
Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.
To love is to be vulnerable.
6. I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
7. Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary.
8. Life will break you.
Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning.
You have to love.
You have to feel.
It is the reason you are here on earth.
You are here to risk your heart.
You are here to be swallowed up.
And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.
Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.
9. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.
10. Above all, don't lie to yourself.
The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others.
And having no respect he ceases to love.
11. No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater...The love we have for each other is bigger than these small differences. And that's the key. It's like a big pie chart, and the love in a relationship has to be the biggest piece. Love can make up for a lot.
12. If s/he’s not calling you, it’s because you are not on his/her mind. If s/he creates expectations for you, and then doesn’t follow through on little things, s/he will do same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that s/he’s okay with disappointing you. Don’t be with someone who doesn’t do what they say they’re going to do. If s/he’s choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony to a recurring fight, then s/he doesn’t respect your feelings and needs.
13. Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.
14. It is not incumbent that every person is your well wisher,
The wound of love are your keepsakes, do not show them.
Ye zaroori nahin har shakhs masiha hi ho,
Pyaar ke zakhm amanat hain, dikhaya na karo
15. There are two ways to remove a Band-Aid : slowly and painfully, or quickly and painfully. Your choice.
16. You may not believe it now, but the way you're feeling will change.
17. When you want to give up, tell yourself you will hold on for just one more day, hour, minute - whatever you can manage.
18. You won't always feel this way...
19. Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
20. Be empty of worrying.
Think of who created thought!
Why do you stay in prison
When the door is so wide open?
21. Sorrow prepares you for joy.
It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter.
It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place.
It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow.
Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.
22. Sit, be still, and listen,
because you're drunk
and we're at
the edge of the roof.
23. But listen to me. For one moment
quit being sad. Hear blessings
dropping their blossoms
24. You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.
25. These pains you feel are messengers.
Listen to them.
26. I choose to love you in silence…
For in silence I find no rejection,
I choose to love you in loneliness…
For in loneliness no one owns you but me,
I choose to adore you from a distance…
For distance will shield me from pain,
I choose to kiss you in the wind…
For the wind is gentler than my lips,
I choose to hold you in my dreams…
For in my dreams, you have no end.
27. Love is the cure,
for your pain will keep giving birth to more pain
until your eyes constantly exhale love as effortlessly as your body yields its scent.
28. How could she feel nostalgia when he was right in front of her?
How can you suffer from the absence of a person who is present?
29. Pleasure of love lasts but a moment.
Pain of love lasts a lifetime.
30. You’re my once upon a time, but I guess I’m not your happily-ever-after...
31. You’ll be okay. Not now, but soon.
32. If you ignore me, I’ll ignore you. If you don’t put in the effort, why should I?
33. Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting, it means you choose happiness over hurt.
34. Life goes on, with or without you.
35. And sometimes being in love is not enough to make it work.
36. Love is a wonderful thing, my dear, but it leaves you wide open for blackmail.
Find Quotes by Topics
Inspirational quotes that will kindle your creative and spiritual juices. Read these inspirational quotes from Inspirational men and women to spark ideas within you and get motivated for improving your work, life and relationships success.
There's so many love quotes so we decided to handpick the most heart touching and the BEST Love quotes that are our favorites. See our top love quote collection list and tell us what you think.
Funny quotes that are actually funny. This is not a list of some junk funny quotes but they have been stress tested against the most grumpy of us and proved to make them laugh. So here it is - our list of the most hilarious funny one liners, sarcastically funny quotes and dark humor sayings we have.
Compilation of the Best Spiritual quotes and saying recorded from renowned personalities. Motivate yourself to the meditation of your body and mind. Welcome to the pure dhyana Zen zone. Enjoy!
Motivational quotes that will inspire you to be successful at life, work and relationships. Get motivated by these motivational speakers and highly successful personalities who are experts in driving motivation in people with their words and insights about life and work.
Best Happy quotes that will make you happy. These quotes have the power to switch your mood from sad to happy so enjoy our handpicked collection of happy quotes and spread the happiness with your loved ones and change their mood to a lighter happier and more friendlier mood.
The biggest collection of Girl Power quotes on the Internet.
Tags: girl power quotes for her, girl quotes about herself, courageous woman quotes, strong confident woman quotes, self esteem quotes for her, self love quotes for girl.
Savage Comebacks for haters, bullies, narcissists, people who spread rumor and drama. It's time to stand up againts the racists, the ill-mannered and rude people who fat shame, bully and body shame out of their own insecurities and low self esteems. Here is the biggest most savage compilation of replies that are witty, smart, epic, savage and downright hilarious to shut them up once and for all.
Quotes, Saying and Questions that are extremely Lame and annoying questions. These questions may seem well thought, but the answers are downright stupid and hilarious. Time to annoy someone.. Let's go!
“Poetry can be dangerous, especially beautiful poetry, because it gives the illusion of having had the experience without actually going through it.” -Rumi The most popular short poems of Urdu Language by the legendary poets, translated into English language. Urdu is the language of love, art and literature. Here is a compilation of the short poems (shayari) from the greatest poets that the world has witnessed. From Mirza Ghalib, to Mir; as usual, curated the best of the best.
Hugot is a Filipino word which means "to draw or to pull out".
The trending #hugot is usually used as an excerpt from some song lyrics or as quotes where it signifies that the an emotion has been "drawn out" from a person.
#Hugot quotes have a deep philosophical and emotional undertones as the feelings expressed come deep from the heart; you've got to #hugot your emotions first, before you actually share them out with public.
A #hugot could also be said subconsciously and otherwise.
Hugot can somewhat be compared to "The Feels" in English.
Hugot Quotes Tags: Funny, Love, Life, Friendship, Hugot quotes for Crush and Work Life.
Enjoy reading the top rated technology quotes by the best gurus in tech space. Reading tech related quotes is one of the best ways to understand the deeper meaning of the technological terminology, and to learn the deeper insights with few lines of a quote.
Handpicked 100 quotes from history, with a blend of inspirational, motivational, funny, educational and thought provoking. Every single quote listed here is a Gem.