1. War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is. Revolution is when you decide it for yourself.
2. Swaraj is my birth right and I shall have it.
3. If anything is certain, it is that I myself am not a Marxist.
[In a letter about the peculiar 'Marxism' which arose in France 1882]
4. The shots that hit me are the last nails to the coffin of British rule in India
5. Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.
Workingmen of all countries unite!
6. Freedom is not given, it is taken.