1. Things Covid-19 pandemic has proven:
1. The job you were told couldn’t be done remotely can be done remotely.
2. Many disabled workers could’ve been working from home, but corporations never wanted them to.
3. Internet is a utility, not a luxury.
4. Universal healthcare is necessary.
2. Quran 12:53, (about an-nafs al-ammarah)
"I do not think that I am free from weakness; all human souls are susceptible to evil except for those to whom my Lord has granted mercy. My Lord is certainly All-forgiving and All-merciful."
3. You are not special.
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
4. Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive.
It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves.
5. This life is not real. I conquered the world and it did not bring me satisfaction. God gave me this illness to remind me that I’m not number One; He is.
6. And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
7. No one is perfect — that's why pencils have erasers.
8. If anything is certain, it is that I myself am not a Marxist.
[In a letter about the peculiar 'Marxism' which arose in France 1882]
9. Perfectionism is a dream killer, because it’s just fear disguised as trying to do your best. It just is.
10. When you realize you've got nothing to lose, you turn into a Beast!
11. And I knew exactly what to do. But in a much more real sense, I had no idea what to do.
12. You cannot awaken a person who is pretending to be asleep.
13. Everything is a metaphor. Everything is a sign and contains a lesson. Don’t reflect on how quickly Ramadan came and went, without realizing that in this is a sign of how quickly this life will come and go.
14. A woman is unstoppable when she realizes she deserves better.
15. The trouble is you think you have time.
16. I’ve spent awhile trying to figure out where I’m going and the only thing I’ve come to realize is it doesn’t matter where, it’s how I get there.