1. Above all, we must avoid the pitfalls of tribalism.
If we are divided among ourselves on tribal lines, we open our doors to foreign intervention and its potentially harmful consequences.
2. I hope one day, you choke on the shit you talk.
3. Racist Joke? Coming from a face only a mother could love?
4. Today, you may cross paths with some ugly, nasty evil people.
Kill them with kindness and bury them with smile. Good Morning!
5. We need justice for George Floyd. We all witnessed his murder in broad daylight. We're broken and we're disgusted, we cannot normalise this pain. No more senseless killings of human beings. No more seeing people of colour as less than human. We can no longer look away.
6. Enough is enough! What will it take? A civil war? A new president? Violent riots? It’s tired. I’m tired. The country is tired! You don’t put fear in people when you do this, you just show how coward[ly] you are – and how America is really not the land of the free.
- Cardi B
7. Even though I will never know the pain and suffering they have endured, or what it feels like to try to survive in a world plagued by systemic racism, I know I can use my own voice to help amplify those voices that have been muffled for too long.
8. I do things every day without fear, because I am privileged, and I am privileged every day because I am white. Being not racist is not enough, we must be anti racist. Social change is enacted when a society mobilises.
9. I don't think anybody should have to wake up with the fear that their life could be taken away from them at any point by a police officer, but that is the horrible reality of so many people of colour, especially Black people. This isn't the first time we have seen this. Police officers have disregarded the fact they are supposed to protect lives and they have taken away people's humanity because of the colour of their skin.
10. Racism has been rampant for hundreds of years, it’s just that in this century people have camera phones to video it. It’s absolutely disgusting that you get mistreated because of the colour of your skin. You would think that those that are there to protect us, would protect.
11. Please, I can't breathe
12. Animals don’t hate, and we’re supposed to be better than them.
13. Everyone smiles in the same language.
14. If I showed you scripts from my first few movies, the descriptions of my characters all said 'the ugly girl'.