10 Punishing Quotes with Images 📸🖼️
1. When a man is penalized for honesty, he learns to lie.
Tags: Wrong | Blame | Punishing | Mistake | Liar |
2. If after an argument, your partner goes out for hours without telling you where they are, this indicates that they are punishing you for the disagreement by intentionally causing you to worry or feel anxious
Tags: Arguments | Worry | Punishing | Emotional Blackmail | Intentional | Anxiety | Disagreement | Emotionally Drained |
3. Corporal Punishment:
A physical type of punishment, as in a spanking or flogging
intended to cause physical pain to a person.
Tags: Corporal Punishment | Punishing | Pain |
4. Physical punishment involves the use of physical force with the intention of causing the child to experience bodily pain or discomfort so as to correct or punish the child's behavior. This includes spanking, hitting, pinching, paddling, whipping, slapping, and so on.
Tags: Corporal Punishment | Punishing | Parenting | Pain | Beating |
5. Any form of corporal punishment or 'spanking' is a violent attack upon another human being's integrity. The effect remains with the victim forever and becomes an unforgiving part of his or her personality--a massive frustration resulting in a hostility which will seek expression in later life in violent acts towards others. The sooner we understand that love and gentleness are the only kinds of called-far behavior towards children, the better. The child, especially, learns to become the kind of human being that he or she has experienced. This should be fully understood by all caregivers.
Tags: Corporal Punishment | Corporal Punishment | Punishing | Beating | Parenting | Raising Children | Violence | Domestic Violence | Hostility |
6. In the short term, corporal punishment may produce obedience. But it is a fact documented by research that in the long term the results are inability to learn, violence and rage, bullying, cruelty, inability to feel another's pain, especially that of one's own children, even drug addiction and suicide, unless there are enlightened or at least helping witnesses on hand to prevent that development.
Tags: Corporal Punishment | Punishing | Beating | Parenting | Violence | Domestic Violence | Bully | Adult Bully | Suicide | Addiction | Pain | Feelings |
7. I learned discipline from my father. Not in terms of corporal punishment, but being determined in whatever you do, and sticking with it.
Tags: Corporal Punishment | Father | Father and Son | Punishing | Beating | Parenting |
8. Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population.
Tags: Tolerance | Law | Freedom | Express Yourself | Punishing | Spirit | Society |
9. On the information sheet in a New York hotel, I recently read:
'Dear guest! To guarantee that you will fully enjoy your stay with us, this hotel is totally smoke-free. For any infringement of this regulation, you will be charged $200.'
The beauty of this formulation, taken literally, is that you are to be punished for refusing to fully enjoy your stay.
Tags: Irony | Punishing | Enjoy |
10. Whenever your partner or your kids say or do something that is not acceptable, before responding ask yourself
“Do I want to help or Do I want to hurt?”
“Do I want to punish or discipline?”
Tags: Conflict Resolution | Parenting | Psychology | Guilt | Relationship | Punishing | Discipline |