1. Don't drag the past with you and don't drag the future towards you and stay happy where you are with what you have.
2. Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past, even while we attempt to define it.
3. Anxiety is experiencing failure in advance.
4. If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.
5. If you save your food to eat it later, it'll only taste awful. It tastes the best to eat it all while you're hungry. So you have to be diligent and be happy when you can instead of saving it up for later.
6. Nothing lasts forever so you should do what you want in that moment.
7. You can’t go back in time and start over again, but you can aim for a new ending starting from now.
8. He who does not know his past cannot make the best of his present and future, for it is from the past that we learn
9. Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.
10. When thinking about the future, the brain generally thinks the worst possible case always. It never focuses on the amazing things that could happen in the future.
We are all constantly planning and worrying about the future.
11. Anxiety is just unprocessed worry.
You worried about some past, present or future and you ignored it. It turned into anxiety.
12. When that initial fearful thought strikes, you go “omg what is this?” and the adrenaline builds up, making the symptoms stronger and making it difficult to stop the cycle.
Every situation of anxiety is an opportunity for you to practice. When that initial fearful thought or a symptom strikes, you can take a new direction and start to notice when your fear starts to decrease. It decreases when you realize it’s happening due to anxiety and you stop the thoughts right away. If the thoughts continue, do not show any respect to them whatsoever. Turn your focus from your inner world to what is happening around you in your outer world.