1. The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.
2. If you have to hurt other people in order to feel powerful, you are an extremely weak individual.
3. Putting people down does not make you a powerful and a strong person.
It makes you a bully, a coward and eventually alone in life.
4. It sometimes makes people feel better about themselves, you know, to put other people down, or make fun of them, or maybe make mockery of their work and that doesn't make me feel good at all.
5. People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power.
If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous.
6. Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.
7. Privileged groups work for greater power consolidation through favoritism.
8. Tawakkul is the blind trust in the miracles, power and timing of Allah.
9. Privacy is power. What people don't know they can't ruin.
10. endurance (noun)
the power to withstand pain or hardships; the ability or strength to continue despite fatigue, stress or otherwise adverse conditions
11. Anger isn’t violent in and of itself. The power of anger can be respected, and voiced respectfully. You may have to wait until you’re not quite so mad and when your words can be calm.
12. Naming your critical voice or anxiety is not to get rid of it. It's to detach from it. To steal away some of it's power over you because it's not your voice. It's "Bob's" as I call mine.
13. Guilt trips are a passive-aggressive form of manipulation and bullying. They're designed to give the manipulator exactly what they want at your expense. Your feelings and needs don't matter. By refusing to play their games and act or feel guilty, you disarm them and they lose their power over you.
Tags: Guilt | Passive Aggressive | Manipulation | Bully | Mind Games | Feelings | Needs | Selfishness | Selfish Friends | I Dont Care | Refusal | Saying No | Power | Life | Quotes that make you think |
14. The man of power is ruined by power, the man of money by money, the submissive man by subservience, the pleasure seeker by pleasure.
15. People with money or high position expect everyone who need them to be a brown noser!
16. Tangible or material bullying: Using one’s formal power (i.e. title or position) or material leverage (i.e. financial, informational, or legal) as forms of intimidation, threat, harassment, and/or harm. In these scenarios, the bully uses his or her advantage in stature and/or resources to dominate and control the victim.
17. The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse.
18. It is necessary from the very nature of things that power should be a check to power.
19. Every man who has power is impelled to abuse it.