1. Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.
2. Come back to break my heart, even if you are bitter
Come again, to leave me, Come again
ranjish hi sahi dil hi dukhane ke liye aa
aa phir se mujhe chhoD ke jaane ke liye aa
3. Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.
Tags: Poetry |
4. When I taught you at eight to ride a bicycle, loping along beside you as you wobbled away on two round wheels, my own mouth rounding in surprise when you pulled ahead down the curved path of the park, I kept waiting for the thud of your crash as I sprinted to catch up, while you grew smaller, more breakable with distance, pumping, pumping for your life, screaming with laughter, the hair flapping behind you like a handkerchief waving goodbye
5. Though she no longer lives here
This will always be her home
The warm and kindest place
Her heart has ever known
6. Self Harm Poem:
An empty room, an empty girl. Sitting silent on the floor. Her sleeve rolled up, exposing skin. She drags the blade and presses in.
The pain it brings cannot compare. To the joy she knows will soon be there. It’s worth the scars that never heal. For just a moment not to feel.
Just a cut, Just a scratch. “Whats that mark?” “It was the cat.”
Just an excuse. Just a lie, “Whats with all the bracelets?” “Just fashion, why?”
Just a tear. Just a scream. “Why were you crying?” “Just a bad dream.”
But is not just a cut, Or tear, or a lie. It’s always “just one more.” Until you die.
Scars on your soul. Scars on your skin. Some on the outside. Some are within. Some have a story. Some are unwritten. Some you can see, But most are quite hidden.
Hush little baby, Don’t you cry. Don’t cut your arms. Don’t say goodbye. Put down the razor, Put down the knife. It may be hard, But you will win this fight.
From darker clouds, And blackened skies, Through deeper scars, And all your lies. She cried. She wanted to die. “I am fine” She lied.
7. Gasping between breaths, alone and scared.
My freedom awaits me, I’m already prepared.
Anxiety peaks, madness ensues,
Shame takes over, insanity looms.
8. “Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, That I shall say good night till it be morrow.”
Romeo and Juliet
Act 2, Scene 1
9. “One half of me is yours, the other half is yours,
Mine own, I would say; but if mine, then yours,
And so all yours.”