1. Run from what's comfortable.
Live where you fear to live.
Destroy your reputation. Be notorious.
I have tried prudent planning long enough.
From now on I'll be mad.
2. When you see a good move, look for a better one.
3. We try to focus and do very few things well.
And focusing is hard because focusing doesn’t mean saying yes, it means saying no.
So we decide not to do a lot of things so we can focus on a handful of things and do them well.
4. It is not a good time for me to lose my job since I have some pretty big long-term plans in my personal life with Pam that I’d like her parents to be psyched about.
So, I am about to do something very bold in this job that I’ve never done before: try.
5. Narrated `Umar:
The Prophet (SAW) used to sell the dates of the garden of Bani An-Nadir and store for his family so much food as would cover their needs for a whole year
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5357]
6. Tawakkul is having complete trust that Allah's plan is the best plan.
7. A: That sounds like a terrible plan.
B: Oh, we've had worse.
8. We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.
9. Hi, I’m just planning my future and I wanted to ask you: Are you free for the rest of your life?
10. When we focus so hard on the tiny details, we leave ourselves open to miss the bigger picture. Details matter and so does an eagles point of view.
11. Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. That is against their interests. They want obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept it.
Tags: Government | Education | Thinking | Interest | Rules | Planning | Strategy | Political | Quotes that make you think | Work Life | Demotivational Work | Smart | Dumbness | Stupid People | Citizen | Accept |
12. If Nike opened a Hotel, I think we would be able to guess pretty accurately what it would be like.
If Hyatt came out with sneakers, we'd have no clue, because Hyatt doesn't have a brand. They have a Logo. If you swapped the logos, I would'nt know if I am in a Hyatt or a Hilton. No Brand. When you have a brand, you have made promise to people and people have expectations.
Tags: Branding | Marketing | Digital Marketing | Strategy | Planning | Entrepreneurship | Social Media | Logo | Design | Promise | Expectations | Customer Service | Customer Engagement | Customer Experience |
13. Take appropriate risks, risks that keep you in the game even if you fail.
14. Price is what you pay.
Value is what you get.
15. If we can write down your Job, we can find someone cheaper to do it. In fact, the thing we might find to do it might not even be a person.
16. Before I got married I had six theories about raising children; now I have six children and no theories.
17. Many people spend more time in planning the wedding than they do in planning the marriage.