Perfectionism Quotes for perfectionists who suffer from the disorder of perfecting everything and more so often delay the success or never finish the job due to this perfectionist mindset. Perfectionism does more good than harm - so a perfect balance between being a Perfectionist and delivering results is to be maintained which is reflected in all the amazing quotes for perfectionist listed below.
1. As we try to achieve perfection, society changes and we just become more imperfect.
2. However, don't let perfectionism become an excuse for never getting started.
3. You can't hit a home run every time.
4. In order to do something well, we must first be willing to do it badly.
5. Life isn’t meant to be lived perfectly…but merely to be LIVED. Boldly, wildly, beautifully, uncertainly, imperfectly, magically LIVED.
6. No one is perfect — that's why pencils have erasers.
7. We're going to have to bust down the door on the myth of perfectionism. We're going to have to call it what it really is: fear.
8. We’re not going to be the first to this party, but we’re going to be the best.
9. Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
10. Isn’t it a relief to hear that what might not be perfect for you might be perfect for someone else?
11. Perfectionism is a dream killer, because it’s just fear disguised as trying to do your best. It just is.
12. Details matter, it’s worth waiting to get it right.
13. I really believe that it is honesty about our imperfect selves that makes everyone do better and be better.
14. If we were supposed to be perfect, why would God's most emphasized attribute be His mercy and forgiveness?
15. The most dangerous way we sabotage ourselves is by waiting for the perfect moment to begin.
Nothing works perfectly the first time, or the first fifty times. Everything has a learning curve. The beginning is just that - a beginning. Surrender your desire to do it flawlessly on the first try. It's not possible. Learn to learn. Learn to fail. Learn to learn from failing. And begin today. Begin now. Stop waiting.
16. We were the group of people who were going to judge whether it was great or not.
We weren’t going to go out and do market research. We just wanted to build the best thing we could build.
17. But I always feel that whatever I do, I could do better. I suppose it is perfectionism.
18. I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
19. If you look for perfection, you’ll never be content.
20. Perfectionism becomes a badge of honor with you playing the part of the suffering hero.
21. I've learned how my own perfectionism can cripple me.
22. Perfectionism is internalized oppression
23. OCD (Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder)
-overwhelming need for order
-strongly follow rules & regulations
-extremely uncomfortable when things lack perfection
-might neglect personal relationships to focus on making some project perfect
24. We try to focus and do very few things well.
And focusing is hard because focusing doesn’t mean saying yes, it means saying no.
So we decide not to do a lot of things so we can focus on a handful of things and do them well.
25. Done is better than perfect.
26. In order to go on living one must try to escape the death involved in perfectionism.
27. Perfectionism is self-abuse of the highest order.
28. It's better to be perfectly useful than uselessly perfect.
29. Perfectionism kills art. I find that if I criticise myself, it spoils the fun. You can get paralysed by analysis - it takes all the playfulness away.
30. There was a man who was so confident in himself, that he was completely blind to his partner's needs and wants. He believed he was perfect for this person, but he was not.
If only he knew perfection does not exist. And this is what really turned his partner away from him.
31. If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done.
Tags: Perfectionism |
32. Perfectionism is a delusion that can rob one of a very successful, enriching life if not careful.
33. Embrace being perfectly imperfect. Learn from your mistakes and forgive yourself, you’ll be happier.
34. The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection.
35. We think the Mac will sell zillions, but we didn’t build the Mac for anybody else.
We built it for ourselves.
36. Welcoming imperfection is the way to accomplish what perfectionism promises but never delivers. It gives us our best performance and genuine acceptance in the family of human - and by that I mean imperfect - beings.
37. ... perfectionists often produce very little.
38. Judge me when you become perfect.
39. In Business, perfection is the enemy of Profitability.
40. There is no perfection, only life
41. Perfectionism hampers success. In fact, it’s often the path to depression, anxiety, addiction, and life-paralysis.
42. A pursuit for perfection is the most leading cause of procrastination in artists.
43. Perfectionists are not all negative, miserable, unhappy and over controlling individuals
44. I give myself permission to suck.
I find that hugely liberating
45. Don't aim for perfection.
Aim for 'better than yesterday.
46. When we focus so hard on the tiny details, we leave ourselves open to miss the bigger picture. Details matter and so does an eagles point of view.
47. There is no perfection, only beautiful versions of brokenness.
48. There's no such thing as perfect.
Chasing ''Perfect'' is the shortest road to not achieving it.
Tags: Perfectionism |
49. A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault.
50. We must understand the need for perfectionism is a corrosive waste of time, because nothing is ever beyond criticism.
No matter how many hours you spend to render something flawless, somebody will always be able to find fault with it.
51. And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
52. If you wait for things to be perfect, you walk away with nothing. Just jump in and get started.
53. Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor, the enemy of the people. It will keep you cramped and insane your whole life, and it is the main obstacle between you and a shitty first draft. I think perfectionism is based on the obsessive belief that if you run carefully enough, hitting each stepping-stone just right, you won't have to die. The truth is that you will die anyway and that a lot of people who aren't even looking at their feet are going to do a whole lot better than you, and have a lot more fun while they're doing it.
54. Life isn’t perfect but your outfit can be.
55. Too many people spend too much time trying to perfect something before they actually do it. Instead of waiting for perfection, run with what you go, and fix it along the way…