1. Every mother hopes that her daughter will marry a better man than she did, and is convinced that her son will never find a wife as good as his father did
2. "There will be bounties which no eye has seen, no ear has heard and no human heart has ever perceived."
3. Whoever wants to have everlasting peace and well-being with no affliction does not understand the meaning of Allah’s commandments, nor does he perceive the meaning of submission to Allah. Every soul (either believing or disbelieving) shall inevitably taste suffering in this world, for this life is based on hardships. Man lives between comfort and suffering.
4. It is high time that Communists should openly, in the face of the whole world, publish their views, their aims, their tendencies, and meet this nursery tale of the Specter of Communism with a Manifesto of the party itself.
5. A lot of people have a misconception of what the ghetto is all about. You know, it's only a small percentage of the people that are bad. Everybody else is good.
- Ice Cube
6. No matter what the age of the bully, they are opportunistic and tend to prey on people they perceive as a threat or they dislike because of differences.
Anorexia Nervosa (AN) essentially refers to a mental illness affecting both genders, but primarily females, whereby an individual has irregular perceptions of their body image.
8. Do more than exist—live.
Do more than hear—listen…
Do more than grow—bloom.
Do more than spend—invest.
Do more than think—create…
Do more than decide—discern.
Do more than consider—commit…
Do more than dream—do.
Do more than see—perceive.
Do more than read—apply.
Do more than receive—reciprocate.
Do more than choose—focus.
Do more than wish—believe…
Do more than encourage—inspire…
Do more than reach—stretch.
Tags: Live Life | Hearing | Listening a Person | Growing Up | Need To Grow Up | Spending | Bloom | Investment | Thinking | Created | Decision | Reflecting | Consideration | Dream | You Can Do It | Just Do It | Perception | Gifts | Choose Me | Focus | Wishing | Believe | Encouragement | Inspirational | Go The Extra Mile |
9. You may try to come across in a certain way to people around you, people often perceive you in an altogether different way.
10. Know that in spite of all of your efforts, there may still be a misunderstanding. That’s okay. Every person has a different point of view, so no two people see things exactly the same. There is no right or wrong, just the mutual sharing of different experiences on the journey of life.
11. "I statements” are powerful because they keep you where you belong—speaking your feelings from your point of view and sharing your own experience.
We can’t speak for others. Only they can share their feelings. We can say we were hurt by a behavior but it crosses a line when we accuse or blame the other person.
Telling the other person they are wrong for doing the behavior or telling them what they feel is not our business or our place (because we actually don’t know).
12. Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used to be. But a great artist-a master-and that is what Auguste Rodin was-can look at an old woman, protray her exactly as she is...and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be...and more than that, he can make anyone with the sensitivity of an armadillo, or even you, see that this lovely young girl is still alive, not old and ugly at all, but simply prisoned inside her ruined body. He can make you feel the quiet, endless tragedy that there was never a girl born who ever grew older than eighteen in her heart...no matter what the merciless hours have done to her. Look at her, Ben. Growing old doesn't matter to you and me; we were never meant to be admired-but it does to them.
13. There is no fixed physical reality, no single perception of the world, just numerous ways of interpreting world views as dictated by one's nervous system and the specific environment of our planetary existence.
14. 5 Skewed Perceptions of Reality
1. Leapfrogging (Jumping to conclusions)
3. Extremifying (thinking in extremes; always or never)
4. Moodysning (making your feelings seem to be the facts)
5. Keyholing (focussing on the bad stuff and ignoring the good stuff)
15. Every man has three characters: that which he shows, that which he has, and that which he thinks he has.
16. When a negative idea pops up, replay and listen to these fearful thoughts from the voice of Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Daffy Duck - you name it. People and characters that you never take seriously. This changes the perception of the negative idea.