1. Let’s go invent tomorrow rather than worrying about what happened yesterday.
2. There's no present.
There's only the immediate future and the recent past.
3. Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.
4. Jannah was created for sinners who repent.
5. Don't drag the past with you and don't drag the future towards you and stay happy where you are with what you have.
6. Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past, even while we attempt to define it.
7. If you aren't in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.
8. You don't reveal pain from the past because you can't stand the idea of being seen as vulnerable - then and now or you have convinced yourself that it didn't matter. That is a definite problem - in and of itself.
9. How To Safely Talk about Pain from Your Past
You have to remember that a therapist is trained to hear about trauma and knows how to respond. Your partner might not - they might get angry - not at you but for you. So you have to admit that you are very sensitive to their reaction and ask them to slow down and simply be with you in that moment.
10. I’m a great dad because I know what it’s like not to be a good dad.
11. Do not torture yourself by thinking about the past.
12. No amount of guilt can change the past and no amount of worrying can change the future.
13. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
14. It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
15. My past behavior makes me cringe.
16. We didn’t even realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.
17. When the past comes knocking, don't answer. It has nothing new to tell you.
18. If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.
19. Astrologer: Do you want to know your husband's future?
Wife: Rubbish. I will decide his future. You tell me his past.
20. No matter how painful things are, it will all be in the past soon. It depends on you whether you will just do nothing and make regrets about the past or make good memories that you want to remember later.
21. You can’t go back in time and start over again, but you can aim for a new ending starting from now.
22. He who does not know his past cannot make the best of his present and future, for it is from the past that we learn
23. Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.