1. This is not a financial crisis. This is just a temporary moment of time that we will overcome together as a nation and as a world.
2. On Corona Virus:
Let's take care of each other, and ourselves. Let's not go to the lowest common denominator and get paranoid.Let's do the due diligence and take the precautions that we need to.
3. On Corona Virus pandemic:
We are more dependent on each other than we have ever have been. We have an enemy in Corona Virus that is that is faceless, that is raceless, sexless, non-denominational and bi-partisan - and it's an enemy that we all agree we are gonna beat.
4. Levels of air pollutants and warming gases over some cities and regions are showing significant drops as coronavirus impacts work and travel.
- BBC News
5. Positive Impacts of Corona Virus Pandemic:
1. Pollution decreased worldwide
2. Much needed realization of togetherness and oneness in fighting a common enemy.
3. International Relations and communication increased.
4. Awareness of cleanliness, sanitation and diseases.
5. Awareness on personal finance & having emergency fund for future.
6. China has reported no new locally transmitted coronavirus cases for the first time since the the pandemic began, marking a major turning point in the global battle to contain Covid-19.
7. These and other efforts give me hope that together, we can and will prevail.
This #coronavirus is presenting us with an unprecedented threat. But it’s also an unprecedented opportunity to come together as one against a common enemy
8. "Thanks to the Helpers. Let’s take care of ourselves and each other. Hanx."
9. Things Covid-19 pandemic has proven:
1. The job you were told couldn’t be done remotely can be done remotely.
2. Many disabled workers could’ve been working from home, but corporations never wanted them to.
3. Internet is a utility, not a luxury.
4. Universal healthcare is necessary.
10. Corona Virus for Dummies
-Kate got infected yesterday, but she won't know until 14 days later.
-Kate thinks she's healthy but is infecting almost 10 people everyday.
-These 10 people think they are ok, they travel, go out and infect 100 people.
-These 100 people think they are healthy, and keep going out infecting 1000 people.
-At any time, no one knows who is infected and who can infect you.
Do you understand why it is important to stay at home. Be responsible. Stay in Quarantine.
11. Quarantine Diary:
Day 1 - Stocked up enough non-perishable food and supplies to last me for years, so I can remain in isolation for as long as it takes to see out this pandemic.
Day 1 + 45 minutes: I am in the supermarket because I wanted a Bounty chocolate
12. Violence against women and girls is a problem of pandemic proportions. At least one out of every three women around the world has been beaten, coerced into sex, or otherwise abused in her lifetime with the abuser usually someone known to her
13. never underestimate a phlebotomist who survived 2020 coronavirus pandemic
14. During a pandemic, IP can only play a secondary role