1. Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it?
It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you.
They didn't ask for it.
They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore.
Love takes hostages.
It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart.
Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain.
I hate love.
2. Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field.
I'll meet you there.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
The cure for pain is in the pain.
As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.
3. There are two ways to remove a Band-Aid : slowly and painfully, or quickly and painfully. Your choice.
4. The cure for pain is in the pain.
5. These pains you feel are messengers.
Listen to them.
6. Love is the cure,
for your pain will keep giving birth to more pain
until your eyes constantly exhale love as effortlessly as your body yields its scent.
7. Pain doesn't listen to reason, it has it's own reason,
which is not reasonable.
8. I wish i could wake up with Amnesia, so I could forget the pain.
9. Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting, it means you choose happiness over hurt.
10. "What a desperate, pathetic fool I was. Time after time, my "friends" had shown me their true colors. Yet, I still wanted to believe they were sorry for causing me pain."
-Book: Please stop laughing at me, p.128
11. Your life is nothing more than a love story. Between you and God. Nothing more. Every person, every experience, every gift, every loss, every pain is sent to your path for one reason and one reason only: to bring you back to Him
More like angry little ninjas inside of you trying to kill you.
13. "when a Muslim is afflicted by an anxiety, pain or sickness then, because of that, his sins are atoned. So much, so that if a thorn pricks him or he suffers a simple, minor injury (His sins are forgiven)”.
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad Book 1, Hadith 8]
14. "They ask you concerning menstruation. Say: that is an Adha (a harmful thing for a husband to have a sexual intercourse with his wife while she is having her menses), therefore keep away from women during menses and go not unto them till they have purified (from menses and have taken a bath). And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allah has ordained for you (go in unto them in any manner as long as it is in their vagina). Truly, Allah loves those who turn unto Him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves (by taking a bath and cleaning and washing thoroughly their private parts, bodies, for their prayers, etc.)."
15. Tips for Men regarding PMS
-Don't argue with her
-bring her food
-watch movies with her
-RUB HER TUMMY
-make her laugh
-lay down with her
-don't say ew
-handle her mood swings
-understand she is in pain
16. If pain wasn't the biggest blessing, why would God give it to his most beloved subjects - the prophets?
17. If you aren't in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.
18. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, these are just a few examples of the forces that can lead to a tornado of pain. So what I would like to say in this room of powerful woman and men today is let’s work together to beckon the world towards kindness
19. You've survived 100% of the bad days so far. You're doing great.
20. endurance (noun)
the power to withstand pain or hardships; the ability or strength to continue despite fatigue, stress or otherwise adverse conditions
21. the same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of, not the circumstances.
22. You don't reveal pain from the past because you can't stand the idea of being seen as vulnerable - then and now or you have convinced yourself that it didn't matter. That is a definite problem - in and of itself.
23. How To Safely Talk about Pain from Your Past
You have to remember that a therapist is trained to hear about trauma and knows how to respond. Your partner might not - they might get angry - not at you but for you. So you have to admit that you are very sensitive to their reaction and ask them to slow down and simply be with you in that moment.
24. (Quran- 46:15)
"We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents: In pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth..... "
25. crying is how your heart feels, when your lips can't explain the pain you feel.
26. you only get hurt by people you care about. you always ignore or forget the hurt caused by people who are not that significant in your life. the theory of "people who love you will never make you cry" is a foolish philosophy.
27. The worst type of crying is the silent one.
The one when everyone is asleep.
The one when you feel it in your throat, and your eyes become blurry from the tears.
The one where you just want to scream.
The one where you have to hold your breath and grab your stomach to keep quiet.
The one where you can't breathe anymore.
28. No Pain
29. Guilt is to the spirit, what pain is to the body.
30. There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
31. Why people self-harm:
"I usually feel like I have a black hole in the pit of my stomach, at least if I feel pain it’s better than feeling nothing."
32. You can hurt yourself badly, even if you don't mean to.
33. If you do not learn the right way to deal with emotional pain, you increase your risk of major depression, addiction and suicide.
34. Why do people self-harm?
They choose harming themselves as a way of dealing with emotional pain.
35. Self harm is a form of expression of your pain and intense emotions. Express it through other means such as writing a journal, write a song, take a bath, cuddle a pet, call a friend, exercise, punch a cushion or a mattress or scream into your pillow, squeeze a stress ball, Rip something up (paper, magazine), place rubber bands on your wrist, arms or legs and snap instead of cutting.
36. People who self-harm don't want to die. They are not trying to kill themselves, in fact they are trying to live with the pain. People who self-harm have a very high risk of suicide so they need to seek immediate attention and help.
37. Most of the time... when you're crying, nobody notices your tears. Most of the time... when you're worried, nobody feels your pain. Most of the time... when you're happy, nobody sees your smile.
But when you fart just one time...