1. "Verily, Allah enjoins
Al-Adl (i.e. justice and worshipping none but Allah Alone - Islamic Monotheism) and
Al-Ihsan [i.e. to be patient in performing your duties to Allah, totally for Allah's sake and in accordance with the Sunnah (legal ways) of the Prophet SAW in a perfect manner],
and giving (help) to kith and kin (i.e. all that Allah has ordered you to give them e.g., wealth, visiting, looking after them, or any other kind of help, etc.):
and forbids Al-Fahsha' (i.e all evil deeds, e.g. illegal sexual acts, disobedience of parents, polytheism, to tell lies, to give false witness, to kill a life without right, etc.),
and Al-Munkar (i.e all that is prohibited by Islamic law: polytheism of every kind, disbelief and every kind of evil deeds, etc.),
and Al-Baghy (i.e. all kinds of oppression),
He admonishes you, that you may take heed.
2. Perfectionism is internalized oppression
3. Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor, the enemy of the people. It will keep you cramped and insane your whole life, and it is the main obstacle between you and a shitty first draft. I think perfectionism is based on the obsessive belief that if you run carefully enough, hitting each stepping-stone just right, you won't have to die. The truth is that you will die anyway and that a lot of people who aren't even looking at their feet are going to do a whole lot better than you, and have a lot more fun while they're doing it.
4. It is not the cloth that oppresses the women, it is the illiterate mind.
5. I will protect the oppressed even if he is my enemy. But I will not forgive the traitor even if he is my brother.
6. Privacy is power. What people don't know they can't ruin.
7. Even though I will never know the pain and suffering they have endured, or what it feels like to try to survive in a world plagued by systemic racism, I know I can use my own voice to help amplify those voices that have been muffled for too long.
8. I will be on the side of the oppressed, of those that are trying to be accepted in this society.
9. To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them.
10. There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law and in the name of justice.