NIACINAMIDE: Everything You Need To Know About Vitamin B3
Niacinamide (aka Vitamin B3) gives your pores a tighter look and increases elasticity, giving an appearance of tighter looking pores. Niacinamide helps in reducing oiliness and sebum production in the skin. So it is good for Oily skin. It is also a brightening agent.
1. Niacinamide gives your pores a tighter look and increases elasticity, giving an appearance of tighter looking pores.
2. Essence is used for plumper firmer looking skin. Essence usually have niacinamide, galactomyces and general hydrating ingredients.
3. Niacinamide helps in reducing oiliness and sebum production in the skin. So it is good for Oily skin.
It is also a brightening agent.
NIACINAMIDE + BHA
Is a good combination to have in the routine because they both reduce oiliness and excess sebum, and also exfoliate the skin.
May sometimes cause some sensitivity.
Perfect combination is to use Niacinamide in the morning, BHA at night.
NIACINAMIDE + RETINOL
A lot of people say this combination of active ingredients cannot be mixed.
They are recommended to be mixed together because Niacinamide reduce redness and irritation in the skin which is a common side effect of using a powerful ingredient like Retinol.
NIACINAMIDE + AHAs
AHAs (glycolic acid, lactic acid..)
They work great together. You don't have to worry about any sensitivity or irritation.
Niacinamide is not just found in Serums, but is also active ingredients in many moisturizers.
7. Nicinamide is a water soluble vitamin which works with what is already on your skin to help strengthen your skin barrier and water retention, improving the appearance of everything from fine lines to dark spots to redness and most interestingly, it reduces the appearance of enlarged pores.
It also helps boost ceramide production. In general, it helps your skin function well. It helps prevent acne, and also helps remove acne scars.
8. Niacinamide Myth: You can't mix it with Vitamin C.
People say they cancel each other out based on an old research paper from the 1960s, where they used unstable versions of pure vitamin C in very high temperature.
How to use Niacinamide?
You can find Vit B3 in every stage of your skin care routine. You can use it in combination with AHA/BHA, Hyaluronic Acid, Retinols, Vit C - it mixes well with everything.
It works best on leave on products like essences, serums or night creams.
Use it twice a day, in the morning you may use a product which contains some niacinamide, and at night you may use it in a concentrated form, like a serum.
Recommended Niacinamide Products:
NEOGEN Real Ferment Micro Essence (This is hydrating)
Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence
Cosrx Mela 14 White Ampule
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
Tags: Niacinamide |
The Ordinary Routine for Pigmentation
Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc !%, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10%
Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA, Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%