1. In life, you don’t get what you deserve.
You get what you negotiate.
2. People are so afraid of hearing "No" that they often don't even try.
You have nothing to lose by just asking!
A good friend of mine once told me,
"Harv, a closed mouth won't get fed."
Open your mouth!
Say something if negotiations aren't going the way you'd like.
3. Anchoring: A number given first by one of the two parties during negotiation. Anchoring is a form of "heuristic" (mental shortcut).
Anchor above where you expect the client to spend.
4. Negotiation phrases: That's not gonna work. Can you come with another number?
Tags: Negotiation |
5. Before you send a proposal to a client, talk to the client first. Tell them “When we do this job, it costs between ___ and ___ dollars. Do you have that money to spend? Is that ok for you? If that’s ok for you, we will send a proposal.
- Chris Do
6. When you learn how much you're worth - you will stop giving people discounts.