1. Once you discover one simple fact, and that is everything around you that you call life, was made up by people that were no smarter than you.
2. It is easier for one to take risks and to chase his dreams with a mindset that he has nothing to lose.
In this lies the immense passion, the great advantage of avoiding a materialistic, pleasure-filled way of life.
3. I wish him the best, I really do. I just think he and Microsoft are a bit narrow. He’d be a broader guy if he had dropped acid once or gone off to an ashram when he was younger.
4. Their products have no spirit of enlightenment about them, they are very pedestrian.
The sad part is that customers don’t have a lot of that spirit either, but the way that we’re going to ratchet up our species is to take the best and to spread it around everybody so that everybody grows up with better things and starts to understand the subtlety of these better things.
5. The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste.
6. If they are working in an environment where excellence is expected, then they will do excellent work without anything but self-motivation.
I’m talking about an environment in which excellence is noticed and respected and is in the culture.
If you have that, you don’t have to tell people to do excellent work.
They understand it from their surroundings.
7. Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the wrong. Sometime in life you will have been all of these.
8. The meeting of preparation and opportunity generates the offspring we call “luck”.
9. You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.
10. HAPPINESS IS A MINDSET, AN EMOTION, AND A GOAL
11. Selfish people also tend to have victim mindsets… Their actions plant seeds of loneliness; then they cry upon the blooming.
12. All things are possible. Who you are is limited by who you think you are.
13. The ghetto is not where you live. The ghetto is inside your mind. And anyone who tells you that you can't get out of the ghettos of your own mind has no idea what they're talking about.
14. In the moment, start by acknowledging any stress, weariness, frustration, anxiety, or pain. Open to the impact on your body and mind of whatever is difficult. Let the experience be whatever it is. Try to step back from it and observe it. Let it flow . . . flowing through you . . . and flowing on out the door.